Translate

Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Special Day for Color Hues

 Hello, welcome to my blog today! A new month means a new challenge at Color Hues! Carol has chosen Green and Gold for us to use, and it's full of possibilities as you will see in the wonderful DT samples. Of course there's the Luck O' the Irish option which also first came to my mind, however, I went a different direction. I have a friend who loves green so I set out to make a birthday card for her. 


I thought peonies in white with deep green leaves would pair up well. Actually, I was mistakenly picturing magnolias but the flowers can be whatever colors I make them, right?   I began by using the Peonies Hot Foil Plate by Spellbinders with Gold foil for the floral focal point. Adding accents with Copic markers in greens and gold brought out the details. I layered white card stock and gold designer paper panels cut into deckle edged rectangles, cut the floral spray out and adhered it on top. 



The card base is covered with paper from Altenew in ombre shades of green. It has a lovely shimmer to it, easier to see in real life. A strip of deeply embossed white card stock patterned with blooms adorns the side of the card.  A bit of twine and a black sentiment with gold foiling finish it off. 


I can't wait to see what you will create with these colors! The most important thing is to have fun as you go.

Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  


Supplies used: 
Stamps: NONE 
Ink: NONE
Accessories - Spellbinders - Glimmering Peony Hot Foil Plate, Yana's Special Sentiments Glimmer Hot Foil Plate; Spring Burst 3D Embossing Folder; Spellbinders Deckle Edge Rectangle Dies

Gold Designer Paper is from SU!

11 comments:

Lin said...

How beautiful! Love everything about this!

Julie B said...

The hot foil plate is perfect for this colour combination Cindy. I'm sure your friend will love it. I have yet to indulge in a hot foil machine but seeing this I may just succumb! :)














































































































































































































































































































































Leslie Miller said...

My, oh my, is this ever beautiful! From the flowers to the ombre shimmery green, to the deeply embossed edge it's stunning! You sure know how to make a gorgeous card, Cindy! ps: I don't know why, but I had to scroll down about 3 miles to click on "post a comment".

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful layers, Cindy this is lovely!

Nancy said...

I am in agreement with Leslie, something wonky about your post today. So strange that the comment box has a huge break in the middle. However, scrolling is not a problem as this card is definitely worth praise. I absolutely love how your peonies turned out and I found myself just staring at them for quite some time. The gold DSP peeking out from the back tied it together beautifully. Well done, Cindy!

JulieP said...

Wow! Is this ever so pretty!!! I really love how that background paper takes into account the "hues" of green. Great layers and finishing touches.

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card Cindy...your green loving friend is going to LOVE it!! All that gold makes this card so elegant and shimmery, and the shades of green are so pretty too! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Karen said...

What a gorgeous floral made even more beautiful with the gold foiling! Peonies are most definitely white--most of mine are, and these make for a stunning card!

cm said...

Your friend is going to be thrilled to receive this card; it's the kind that warrants framing! Stunning...absolutely stunning!
~carol

Stef Perry said...

What an absolutely stunning card, Cindy! You're friend is indeed fortunate to be receiving this beauty with the gorgeous peonies (my favs!) and ample gold elegance. Love this!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow the gold foil is gorgeous! I have resisted foiling so far but......