Translate

Wednesday, February 22, 2023

CAS Butterflies

 Hello, hope things are going well for you today! 

I'm posting a quick share for two challenges today. Tic Tac Toe has a wonderful grid where I chose to use CAS, Metallic and Word die cut. The Paper Players are asking for a CAS Get Well card. 

I am back to crafting a little bit each day, just when and as I can. It's helping me to work through my stash of supplies and I enjoy trying new things out with the challenges. 


Today's card is a CAS slimline measuring 3-1/4" by 8". I got a new slimline folder from Spellbinders, and paired it up with the butterfly die cuts, also from Spellbinders and never been used.  Needing to use up some patterned paper, I chose the pretty Gradient Card stock from Altenew in shades of raspberry and topped the butterflies with a layer of vellum and silver foil for the bodies. The blue card stock, sentiment and die are from PTI. Yes, I really did mix it up this time, I truly scrambled to find a word die that fit. 



This is the kind of get well card I would need for someone having a long stage illness. I hope I won't need it soon! 

Adding this also to NBUS as we are almost wrapping up the month.

Sending a hug and a prayer for you today. See you in a day or two! 

Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  



7 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I do hope you don't need it soon, but it will be a lovely card to send if you do need it. Your sentiment is so much better than the "get well soon" command. Love how you combined this and that from all over your stamp room. It's why we love this stuff. It's truly such a beautiful card, Cindy. Glad you're able to be in your room a little each day. That seems to be the only way I can manage it at all. Something always calls me away.

Lisa Elton said...

Your butterflies look right at home on the lovely embossed background! I like their vellum wings. Wonderful card, Cindy!

Rosanne Mulhern said...

This is such a pretty slimline, Cindy. Thanks for joining the TTTC this week.

Claire Broadwater said...

I just love slimline cards and this one is a beauty! That embossed white background is gorgeous and your butterflies are beautiful! SO happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

This is gorgeous! That's one of my favorite PTI sentiments/die and the way you paired it with the butterflies and embossing is perfect. Such pretty colors too! Thanks for playing with our Get Well Paper Players challenge this week, always good to see you in the gallery!

Darnell said...

I love these colors together and the great movement of your layout, Cindy! The texture and shine are wonderful, too! I'm glad you are feeling able to craft again. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Fran Wing said...

Hi, Cindy. This is a very pretty card! I like these color tones against the white background - and then that pop of silver. Thanks for sharing it with us at The Paper Players.
Xoxo, Fran