Translate

Sunday, January 1, 2023

Happy New Year, Color Hues!

 Starting the year with friends at The Color Hues, are you ready? We have a new challenge for you to use pale pink and gold. Does that bring to mind images of flowers, hearts or a gala new year? Maybe snowmen or a sweet scene? We can't wait to see what you make. Hopefully you are able to find some crafty time now that the holiday flurries are over and join us.

I am thinking spring! Using a 3D embossing folder,  I brayered pink inks directly onto the recessed side, added my white card stock and fed it through the machine. 



It did take me a couple tries to find the right color (WPlus9  Pink Piggy) and the best sandwich for even coverage. The color fills in the background and the white flowers are raised with dimension.

It was so easy to make this. I added a label and sentiment from The Greetery, a gold mirror card stock mat and gold sequins. I wanted to let the floral pattern shine.

I've taken quite a break from stamping over the holiday, so I will be transitioning into more frequent posting. It may take me awhile to get my mojo back.




I'm so happy to welcome our new designers to Color Hues! Wishing all of you a Happy and healthy New Year. 

Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  




Stamp sets: The Greetery -Signed & Sealed and dies, Signed & Sealed with a Kiss

13 comments:

Karen said...

Happy New Year, Cindy! You did a fabulous job on inking that embossing folder. It couldn't be more beautiful!

Julie B said...

Happy New Year! Love the effect you got here Cindy, very spring like too. :)

Nancy said...

Happy New Year to you, Cindy! I love what you have done with my color combo. The embossing folder and greeting is perfect together. I am sure there are plenty of northern friends that would love some Spring right about now. We had a few very cold days at Christmas and I didn’t enjoy those temps at all. Hugs!

Stef Perry said...

Oh Cindy, your pretty card does make me long for the warmth of spring, since we're been having an especially colder winter than our prior three since moving to Idaho. I love the gold trim around both the panel and the sentiment! Gorgeous!

Marcia Hill said...

What a pretty card Cindy and it reminds me of Spring too! That embossing folder you used is beautiful and the pink background totally makes those white flowers pop even more, and the gold sentiment is the perfect addition!! So excited to be joining along with all of you this year at Color Hues!! Hugs. :0)

Carol said...

Your card is so lovely, Cindy! I love that technique!

Leslie Miller said...

I swear your floral embossed design looks just like plaster of Paris! Does that date me? Not sure if anyone uses plaster of Paris these days. So much dimension against the sweet soft pink, and all framed up and embellished in gold. Gorgeous, Cindy! Happy new year!

LeAnne said...

This is gorgeous! I need to do this technique more often! That pink is perfect! I wish SU would get a better pink....but I've complained about that before! The little gold accents are beautiful!

JulieP said...

Your background is beautiful!!! I love that gold frame. It's a lovely way to showcase the sentiment.

cm said...

Happy New Year! Such a lovely card; I'm impressed with the fabulous coverage you got with the ink + embossing folder. Perfect stage for your pretty sentiment!
hugs~carol

Hannelie said...

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous ! Love this shade of pink ♥

Tracey McNeely said...

Happy New Year Cindy! I am so in love with your design and your technique worked out perfectly. Looking forward to another year working with you!

Lisa Elton said...

Happy New Year, Cindy! Wowee is this ever pretty! You found the perfect shade of pink!