Translate

Thursday, January 5, 2023

Stellar Snowflake

 Hello again, I'm popping in to share my second card for this first week of the new year. I was hoping to get into creating more often but it's not happening quite that way. Am I the only one? I am caught up in 'new' outlooks and daily habit changes. I'd almost rather clean out my pantry than stamp. I know, that does sound crazy! Hopefully my mojo will kick in again soon. 

Although the sun is warm and the weather is breezy today, I pulled out the Stellar Snowflake stencil from GinaK that is new to my stash. Using Transfer Gel from Thermo-web and a laminator,  I foiled the design onto white card stock. Backing the panel with a black mat, I added bright blue card stock over the card base. 




The darling sentiments are from Honey Bee stamps. I love that they include the outline for the larger words, which I cut from vellum. 

There have been some recent changes happening that affect this stamping hobby of mine. I had to back up and completely move all my files onto a new computer as the old one was dying. In doing so my Photoshop Editor has become obsolete. Also, a new light box and lamp are challenging me to take better photos more consistently.  All these things are on quite a learning curve. If you have editing software that you love, I'd be happy if you'd share it with me!

I am off to clean and organize the pantry which involves getting on the floor but not having to think too much, HA! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! 

Please know that your comments mean so much to me. They keep me going!

Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  




 



I will be joining the following challenges: 

SIMON SAYS Something New










And with the lovely Jingle Belles: What did Santa bring you? My answer - a brand new snowflake stencil!



TGIF  Technique Challenge 

5 comments:

Trina P. said...

Beautiful. Great job foiling the stencilled snowflake. Love the shine and colours.

Leslie Miller said...

That's an amazing foiled design, Cindy! It has a lot of texture and depth. Foiling is foreign territory for me so it's all pretty fascinating, but I do find this quite beautiful. I'm sorry about your computer. I dread that day which can't be far off at my house. I dare not speak of it and tempt fate. I use three different programs for editing, two of which are probably obsolete. The third is Corel which does a lot of cool things. I'm no help. I do know what you mean about getting into projects other than your stamp room. I'm especially fond of decluttering and organizing anywhere in the house. Enjoy whatever project you undertake!

SmilynStef said...

Gorgeous foiling with that big bold snowflake ... so very glad you joined us for our *What Did Santa Bring You?* prompt at Jingle Belles.

Lisa Elton said...

Your big fancy snowflake makes for one pretty card!

lauren bergold said...

Oh I love that COOL snowflake and the foil makes it incredibly glamorous. Such an awesome use of your new goodies from Santa, so pleased you've shared this with us at Jingle Belles!