Translate

Tuesday, December 13, 2022

smile. sparkle. shine A Merry Winter Scene

 I am finding myself feeling very nostalgic this year as Christmas approaches. One of my friends shared her picture taken with Santa at Hutzler's in Baltimore Maryland when she was three. It's cute as can be, and I love the dress she wore. YES, little girls wore dresses then and through most of our school years. Talk about vintage, lol!

One thing I love remembering is ice skating in the neighborhood. I found a creative kick from the set by Honey Bee called Sleigh Bells Ring, which also has me singing along. It's that time of year! 


This set came out last year but it's new to me. I enjoyed adding sparkle to the sled, ribbon and skates with foil papers and silver Stickles.

My card was created so that I could play along with these challenges: 

NBUS

The Card Concept with my Clean and Layered Style



Tic Tac Toe Challenge where I chose snow, layers,  and celebration

Hope your week is off to a good start! 

 Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  









Card details: The Falling Snow Background (Honey Bee) was stamped on white card stock with Warm Wool ink (WPlus9 Designs) which also provided the ribbon die cut from Under the Mistletoe dies. The sentiment is from Penny Black Stamps. Coloring with Copic markers. 



7 comments:

TK said...

Your card is pretty, and the old-fashioned sleds always are a win to me! Thanks for joining us at NBUS

Stef Perry said...

Cindy, your nostalgic post brings back so many memories of when I was young, including wearing dresses for Christmas at Grandma's, where everybody dressed up. Love your design with the skates and sled with the snowflake background - gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week!

Lisa Elton said...

Your card is lovely and brings back memories of sledding with my brother! YES, I think we had to wear dresses to school until maybe the third grade. I remember having to wear little corduroy pants under my dress to go out for recess in the winter!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is darling, and my favorite so far in the challenge. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful creativity with us at The Card Concept. I'm so grateful to have you join us and I hope that you'll visit again soon. Have a blessed and creative week and a WONDERFUL Christmas. May God bless you.
Karen L, DT
The Card Concept

Leslie Miller said...

Your card is beautifully and cleverly done within the parameters of the challenges. You're so good at that! Such a cute set! I can get nostalgic any old day and do quite frequently. It's not a sad thing, but good memories. I do miss some of the old ways.

Linda Callahan said...

This is a beautiful holiday card! And yes I wore dresses and skirts every day from K through 12th grade too! Hard to believe! I brought all my skirts to college too and brought them home by Thanksgiving freshman year! Only jeans for the next four years…lol…talk about culture change! Broke out the skirts again for student teaching and my first teaching job because pants weren’t allowed ….but mini skirts were
Ok…..crazy world!

LeAnne said...

This IS very nostalgic for sure! You had me at the sled....and the skates, so sweet! And we wore dresses every day too...up until 10th grade and all of a sudden I could wear pants but I couldn't find any that fit me right....what a dilemma! Nowadays I wish I could wear dresses more...but my legs get cold, LOL!