Translate

Sunday, October 2, 2022

The Paper Players: Theme Challenge

 Hello! Hope you are doing well on this Sunday! 

Time for our new challenge at The Paper Players #611 where Joanne has chosen a changing seasons theme, particularly Autumn.


It seems the leaves in our yard have begun to change early this year! My card is created using a randomly stamped background of leaves in Distress Oxide inks: Charted Mariner, Carved Pumpkin,  Wild Honey and Fired Brick. 



Using the Fall Foliage stamps (The Greetery) for the images I stamped the word Autumn in Versamark ink and embossed it with Distress Oxide Embossing Glaze. It's unique in that it's translucent so colors and images underneath are visible.

When stamping images for a background, it's good to have a smaller image or two for fillers. The smaller leaves are from another set. I like to use dots  as fillers too, and these are from the Floral Frames set (Altenew). I am noting it here for myself to remember so next time I don't have to go combing through supplies to find them!


If you love fall as much as I do, then I know the change of seasons is a happy one for you! Thanks so much for spending time here today! Hope you have a great week. 

Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  





11 comments:

Jennie Maier said...

Cindy, your card is so pretty! Lovely colors for the leaves! Perfect for the challenge! Have a great week!

LeAnne said...

I love your leafy array...especially the non-traditional blue ones! All so very pretty!

laurie said...

LOVE these colors...so pretty!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful autumn card Cindy! I am making a few falls cards this week as it is Thanksgiving this coming weekend in Canada!

Christy Lynn said...

I love the pops of blue in with all the warm yellows and oranges! And I am super excited that autumn is here :)

Claire Broadwater said...

This is so fun! I love the beautiful leaves and the pops of blue are fabulous! Such a great sentiment, too! Just perfect the our theme this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is beautiful Cindy - a riot of fall colour! A great way to combine sets when creating a background too - the fillers are super useful!

Ann Schach said...

What a pretty card, Cindy! I love the leaves. The blue/teal color is gorgeous with the classic fall colors. The sentiment is perfect for the challenge. Great job!

Anne Marie Hile said...

So pretty Cindy! The color combo is awesome, too.

Leslie Miller said...

Such pretty colors on your variety of fall leaves! Your card is simple, yet just perfect. Such a beautiful inspiration board for the challenge!

Lisa Elton said...

I love the addition of the deep blue! This is pretty, Cindy!