Translate

Saturday, October 1, 2022

Grateful for Color Hues!

 I can't believe we are greeting another month and you know what that means. A new challenge at The Color Hues! 

We are combining Carol's choice of orange and purple for Challenge #50 and I know you will have fun with that combo. 


I went with a leaf stencil from Gina K that has been around for awhile but it is new to me and I couldn't wait to try it out. Using two shades of each color I brushed them over the stencil. Beware! I was reminded that blue and purple make brown but I decided to go with it anyway! I trimmed the panel to allow lots of white space. 
The sentiment circle is also Gina K and the leaves are from The Greetery. 



These colors are wonderful for fall! I hope that you enjoy using them and will be inspired to play along. 

Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  





6 comments:

Julie B said...

You did a great job blending these complimentary colours Cindy, they can look murky when blended as you say. The orange leaves are a wonderful addition. :)

Karen said...

This is just beautiful! I love the white border and the collection of the leaves with the circular sentiment makes for one great design!

Cindy H. said...

Cindy, this is just so lovely! I think you did a beautiful job of blending the colors, you created a soft blend of color right where they meet and it makes the true colors really pop!

Leslie Miller said...

You turned these colors into a beautiful fall card! I love the stencil. Didn't realize orange and purple make brown, but I like it!

Tracey McNeely said...

I am in awe that you managed to blend these two colours together without making mud but making the perfect shade a in your transition! Well done and wonderful card!!

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautifully done! I love this stencil, so pretty! Have a great day!