Translate

Sunday, October 9, 2022

A Good Fright for The Paper Players!

 Hello dear stamping friends! It's Sunday and it's time for a color challenge for The Paper Players #612. With the shades of orange, green and purple I pulled out my one and only ever stamp set for Halloween. Called "Good Fright" it's from Hello Bluebird and makes the cutest scenes. 


I began by inking a background using Distress Oxide inks in shades of purple. Then I added some ink splatters and a few larger water droplets for texture. This kind of inking is absolutely one of my favorite techniques! 

I stamped the trick or treaters, colored them with Copics and fussy cut them. Popping them up on foam tape, I added Crystal Gloss to the pumpkin containers. 



My husband suggested that they looked as if they were searching for something, inspiring me to add the die cut tree and sentiments. 

I hope you'll take the time to visit the Paper Players blog and admire the fabulous samples. They never fail to amaze! Thanks so much for your visit today. I hope you have a great week. 

 Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  












12 comments:

Jennie Maier said...

Cindy, what a cute card! Love the sponged background. Those pumpkin buckets remind me of trick or treating as a kid! Have a great week!

Jaydee said...

Cindy, I love that sponged background and this super cute card. Mind, you, the sentiment is my favorite - I just love me a punny sentiment.
hugs
jaydee

Leslie Miller said...

Fantastic with your purple color glow and those darling critters! I love both parts of the sentiment. It does look like they're searching for something, finding their way in the dark. So cute, Cindy!

Nancy said...

This is one terrific Halloween card, Cindy! Saw it at TPP and had to come by and let you know.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is such a cute card Cindy - I love me a punny sentiment and this pair definitely look like they are on the hunt for something or someone!

Ann Schach said...

Is this card cute or what! This is such an adorable little scene, Cindy. I LOVE the purple "glow". Have a wonderful week!

Maria said...

Such a cute Halloween card with the critters!! And, great sentiment!!

laurie said...

Cindy this is just too cute!

LeAnne said...

Absolutely adorable! Your background makes this cute card even cuter...and the sentiment cracked me up! Those little spooks are the cat's meow!

Christy Lynn said...

Totally adorable, Cindy! I love how your cutie pies look like they're off for an adventure in the deep, dark woods because your background gets darker over by the tree. Super fun scene!

Claire Broadwater said...

I just LOVE this fun Halloween card. That is one spooky tree and those Trick or Treaters are precious! That sentiment is amazing, too! SMILE!

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun tree! This is such a cute card, Cindy!