Translate

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Does chocolate and mint make you smile? Color Hues #47

 Is the heat wave over in your neck of the woods? Are you still staying cool in this last month of summer? Is ice cream something you scream for, dream about or just enjoy? 

Sorry, I'm finding a play on words a bit delicious as I write this post! Our challenge from lovely Nancy at Color Hues is chocolate and mint. Even though it makes me think of ice cream, I went in a different direction.


My card features a bear and birthday balloons! I colored with Copics, adding polka dots and variations of mint shades. Even brown dots (to resemble chocolate chips?) and a shimmer pen. I used a die cut (no longer labeled in my stash) to cut the word smile out of Chocolate Chip and white card stock, and inlaid white letters for the sentiment. The background keeps up the dots theme with a large dot embossing folder. 


I hope my card inspires you today! Please be sure to check out the fab work of the design team with these colors, you will be so amazed! And I hope you will play along. 

 Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  






Supply List 

Stamps: Hello Bluebird - Balloon Buddies and dies
Ink: Black 
Other: Large Dot embossing folder 

6 comments:

Julie B said...

Mint Choc chip is my favourite ice cream and my supply has been used these last few days, time for a freezer refill! Love your bear with his handful of balloons. :)

Kristie Goulet said...

Adorable card! That bear is so sweet! Have a great week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Cindy I love your cheery bear with the balloons, such a sweet and happy card!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh fun! I love anything chocolate and mint, including chocolate chip ice cream. I have strawberry in the freezer at the moment. Yes, I scream for ice cream. Your card is utterly adorable, Cindy! You always use the two colors so cleverly that I don't even notice it's only two colors. The large dot embossing in the background is great with your balloons. So much fun!

JoAnn said...

Chocolate and mint are a great color combination. Love that cute bear with his mint balloons.

Nancy said...

Cindy, As the card says...smile...that is certainly what happened when I first saw this over on the DT blog. Love that little bear and how you continued the dots both in the balloons and in the embossed background. The trim of brown makes the mint really stand out. Creative use of the color palette.