Translate

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

My Friends are Flakes!

 Hi! Have things begun to warm up where you are? 

It's been a chilly weekend here and we even got a bit of snow under a bit of ice. Perfect time to pull out these new supplies and make a winter card to say thanks. 

I am someone who thinks you can never have too many snow people stamps, so I was ready for these adorable images of snow families and friends from Honeybee stamps (Snow Family Like Ours)  to come to my house when they had their recent sale. 

I loved the the sentiments that come with this set too! I inked the snow-couple and colored them with Zig markers and  a blender pen, then fussy cut them.


Blending the background in Oxide inks using Dried Marigold and Picked Raspberry was my first step. Next I used the Cute Hearts Stencil (SugarPea Designs) and went over the inking adding a second layer to darken the hearts. 


I added splatters of white gouache and a spritz of Glimmer Mist. I really enjoyed including special touches with Nuvo drops, a shimmer pen and clear drops on the snowman's hat. 

Creating a white snowflake background to match the sentiment with  Honeybee (Falling Snow Background) embossed on black card stock added a bold contrast.  Since all these supplies linked are new to me, I will be entering this in the NBUS Challenge. The snowflakes are from an assortment of dies from my stash. 

All in all, this is the kind of card I love to make! Taking cute images and using a variety of mediums and techniques to highlight them has been totally satisfying for me today.

I hope you're glad you've come by! I know I have really enjoyed sharing with you. Stay warm and stay well. 

 Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  





7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

We got a bit of snow under a LOT of snow LOL! This is adorable, Cindy. Your little snow couple would be right at home in my front yard!

laurie said...

LOL what a cute card...love that sentiment!

Darnell said...

Aw, how cute, Cindy! I have a visual of a whole drawer full of snow people stamps. Now they need a village to live in. And a few dogs and cats. Maybe some house plants. Then again, they prolly just leave the holly up all year ... oh, sorry, where was I?

These two have the best expressions! Don't they look like they are having a great conversation? Don't worry, I won't launch into what I think they are saying, but it is tempting! I love the blended background colors, the stenciled hearts, and how you added even more interest with the black snowflake border and sediment, the snow, gloss, and shimmer, and then topped it all off with big snowflakes! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Be careful out there - ice on snow is lethal! Hugs, Darnell

Linda Callahan said...

We were both flaking today on our posts….lol….your snowmen are so cute and the background is fabulous….

Leslie Miller said...

They're adorable, Cindy, and I love that you're a snow people collector! I guess I'm that way with birds, any kind... whimsical or realistic. Your background is so pretty and I love the delicate heart pattern over all. Pretty snowflakes, fabulous contrast with the black. This is also my favorite way to create -- take your time, add this and that. You have a talent for putting it all together without it looking overdone. What a wonderful and happy card!

HilaryJane said...

What a very special card, so much detail and so bright and cheery too. Love it xx

Kate said...

I love your flaky friends Cindy! So much character and little details!