Translate

Sunday, January 16, 2022

Color Hues: Silver and White

 Here is my second post for today, be sure not to miss my post for The Paper Players by scrolling down. It's a TWO challenge day for me today, and I'm so glad you are here. I don't say often enough how much your visits and kind comments mean to me each and every day. 

It's time for Color Hues #33.
Are you all set for silver, white, and sparkle! 
You know, I have a hard enough time with two colors as I love COLORFUL but when one of the hues is a neutral, it is even more challenging. 
My solution? Lots of texture. 


 I embossed a panel with snowflakes for the card base and used the die to cut a window showcasing the large snowflakes out of silver mirror paper. I did some digging to find this sentiment and embossed it in white on black for a focal point. Just could not leave off the sparkly rhinestones in the centers and a small ribbon. 




I've had trouble getting good photos with the gray days lately. Hang in there with me! 

Wishing you a wonderful day. 

 Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  







11 comments:

Julie B said...

Love the rhinestones in the centers of the snowflakes, you can't have enough sparkle in your life, especially on these grey days! :)

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Cindy. Love the silver snowflakes frame and the sentiment is perfect.

Kristie Goulet said...

Gorgeous texture and shine, Cindy! I love this! Have a great week!

Leslie Miller said...

Such beautiful use of these neutral colors, Cindy! The texture is ideal for contrast and interest. Love the perfectly sized rhinestones. Your picture looks good to me, but I know how helpful the natural light is.

Kim S said...

I love the mix of the die and the embossing folder! So perfect with the sentiment!

Nancy said...

This is so pretty, Cindy! I love the embossed panel and that silver ribbon too! Such an awesome birthday card! Hope the sun shines for you soon!

Karen said...

Your card is so sparkly and beautiful! I love the die cut window with those gorgeous foil snowflakes, and it's the perfect sentiment for sure!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is wo wonderful, Cindy! I have that die and have always used it with glitter paper. It takes on a whole new persona with the mirror card stock! I love the detail of the blink and that thin silver ribbon, and your embossed background is perfect. The sentiment embossed on black is the perfect finishing touch! Thanks for welcoming me as GD for this challenge.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Fabulous snowflake die Cindy - the silver and white combo is gorgeous!

cm said...

The embossing creates a perfect stage for the stars-of-the-stage shimmery snowflakes! Stunning!
hugs~carol

Tracey McNeely said...

Cindy all your sparkly and shine is beautiful and looks so lovely against the embossed background.