Translate

Thursday, August 1, 2024

On Your Birthday for Color Hues #91

 It's time for new hues at The Color Hues #91 Challenge.  Our dear Stef has chosen Pink and Brown for this fortnight. Let us see what these colors inspire you to create! 

I'm using some never-been-used Penny Black products to create a birthday card in warm shades of pink and brown. 


Starting with the LOVE Immense Die, I cut two layers out of water color card stock and brushed color on the top layer with Distress ink re-inkers. I colored the bear the same way, the image and the sentiments are from PB Have A Nice One transparent stamp set. After dry embossing white card stock with the Dashed Design EF, I sponged Tea Dye and Vintage Photo DOX inks to add color. The flower is from the Petals metal dies. I felt it needed just a bit more, so I added shimmer to the flower with spray.

I enjoyed keeping the pieces of this card on my desk, and doing just a bit of work on it over several days. That's a fun way for me to play! 
I hope you enjoyed the post, please have a look at the fab samples from my team! 

Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  



I'm entering the NBUS Challenge today. 


12 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwwww...such a SWEET Penny Black image Cindy and colored beautifully too! I love the big LOVE too! This whole card is absolutely ADORABLE and has totally made me smile this morning!! Hugs. :0)

Cindy H. said...

Absolutely adorable!! Love the challenge colors and how you used them. Beautiful coloring, design, and the cutest teddy!

Stef Perry said...

Well, I think you take the award for the most adorable card, Cindy! That darling bear and the large love sentiment makes this a sweet birthday card for someone. Using the asymmetrical layer just takes this to the next level. Love this card!

Darnell said...

Love your soft shades, Cindy, and the way you've made your card design look like a gift to open in the spirit of that sweet PB bear-ing a birthday gift! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Julie B said...

PB seems to be the order of the day at Color Hues this time, LOL. The immense love die cut is the perfect place for your gift toting teddy, fab card. :)

JulieP said...

I adore this design!!! And your bear is so sweet and colored wonderfully. It's definitely Penny Black for the win this challenge!

Nancy said...

This is one of the cutest cards ever, Cindy! I am just in love with it! The layout, the background, the darling gift-giving bear, all are just wonderful. Your sense of balance and color is just perfection. Have a great day!

Julia Aston said...

That immense LOVE die makes such an impact on cards - love the angled die cut scalloped edge, the lovely mix of pinks and browns and the sweet bear clutching his gift to give!

cm said...

I'm having immense LOVE for your pretty, adorable card. The little bear is such a sweetie! Wonderful way to showcase our challenge combination and bring smiles to the faces of everyone who sees this.
hugs~carol

Karen said...

This teddy bear is just adorable, and your card design is first-rate! I love the scalloped edge of the top portion, and your ink blencing of the background is wonderful. I've always loved the PB Immense word dies and just purchased my first one a week or so ago. Your card tells me it was a good buy!

Leslie Miller said...

OMGosh, so sweet and pretty! Love it all over! We stamp the same way. I'm eager to get back to it and am very inspired by your cards.

Marlena M. said...

SO CUTE!