Translate

Saturday, June 15, 2024

The Flower Challenge: Reminder

 Hi friends, it's me again with a reminder for The Flower Challenge! Please use our sketch and upload your card to the gallery before the end of the month. 

I took some liberty with the sketch, not on purpose but I didn't remember more than the vertical panel when I made this card. I thought you'd still like to see it! 


I was able to use some new-to-me supplies and that was an interesting challenge in itself!  I couldn't wait to pair the brand new Altenew Elegant Tulips stamps, die and stencils with metallic looking patterned papers from Consortium called Patina. I chose one pattern for the vase, then striped the darker lines from the stencil using teal ink. The other pattern is used on the sides of the focal panel, and on the envelope. 

Pleased to find a foil teal paper in my stash, I cut thin strips to finish out the sketch. I love those tulips, and I used red and green inks to color them.

As always, your visit is what makes blogging so much fun! Thanks for coming by today. I've loved having you! 

Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  






3 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

LOVE everything about this card Cindy, including the way you used the sketch!! Those tulips are gorgeous and I'm loving the colors in your dsp too! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Leslie Miller said...

Well, I'm certainly glad you shared it because it's fabulous! I've been loving this sketch, and it's nice to see your variation. Beautiful tulips and goblet. I think I have that paper. Crazy that I'm not sure, isn't it? Maybe I've just looked at it a bunch of times. Anyway, I love how it looks with your tulips!

Bobby said...

I'm a lover of patina, Cindy, and I can see it in your vase and patterned background paper. Great way to use your new supplies.