Translate

Monday, April 15, 2024

The Flower Challenge Add Layers

 Hello, I'm here to remind you about our monthly theme at the Flower Challenge. We want you to use Layers on your card along with a bunch of flowers. Or even just a few flowers. You still have until the end of the month to upload your creation to our gallery, and we hope that you will!

I used inks to create a layered background for my card. This background has been in my 'already made' folder for quite some time. I can't remember exactly what I used but it involved ink smooshing and spatters, and a bit of a scripty stamp. 


The gold foiled florals from PinkFresh Studio were colored with Copics and arranged around the diamond shaped panel. 



I hadn't done foiling in quite a while and it was nice getting out the machine and  becoming familiar  with this technique again. I look forward to having a bit more play at a smooshed background too! 



How would you like to craft today? I hope your creative time is enjoyable. I'm glad you've come by, and I want to encourage you to check out the DT inspiration as well. See you soon! 

Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  






7 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card Cindy! I love your smooshed and splattered background...it shows off those lovely foiled flowers and diamond shape just beautifully! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhh, I'm so glad your background came out to play with your lovely Pinkfresh flowers! What a combination they make! I was taken by the delicate and sweet flowers at first, and now I can't take my eyes off the background. Gorgeous all over, Cindy!

Anke said...

WOW your card is so beautiful, a wonderful spring work, Cindy.

I love your background, the colours and the flowers.

Hugs
Anke

Bobby said...

I'm always enamored with smoothed backgrounds and yours is wonderful, Cindy. The diamond cut separates it from the flowers so they show up beautifully.

Stef Perry said...

The delicate flowers you used are very sweet and work beautifully with that amazing background you created, Cindy! The entire design, with the diamond center, pretty flowers and semi-vintage-y background is so very lovely!

Vicky Hayes said...

This is delightful Cindy! I love that dreamy background in blues and greens and the way you have arranged those pretty flowers around the diamond shaped panel. Vicky x

Lisa Elton said...

Dreamy card, Cindy! I like how wispy it looks!