Translate

Saturday, March 16, 2024

Color Hues #83 Cream and Blue

 It's time to play again at Color Hues! We have Cream and Blue as our pairing. What comes to your mind with these colors? I came back to layered flowers, delicate embossed texture and neutral shades for my vintage style card on cream card stock.

.

 

Beginning with the Airbrushed Flowers stamps and dies, new to me from Altnew, I stamped in shades of blue Distress Oxides inks and pale browns. I stamped trailing vine and flowers using the solid stamp included with Altenew Craft Your Life Project Kit: Meadow Breeze. The sentiment is also part of this kit. 

After stamping the main panel, I embossed it with a beautiful folder from Anna Griffin (Lattice Ornamental ) and added sponging in the bottom right corner. I wanted to add pearls or lace, but the metallic pearls were just right as the flower centers. 



Thanks for your visit today. I look forward to using these supplies again! I hope you will pull out your favorite supplies and join us in the challenge! 

Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  




9 comments:

cm said...

Cindy, your pairing of blue flowers with the embossed/stamped background makes for a gorgeous card! The pops of brown really enhance the impact. Love this - and thank you for making the blue/cream the stars of the stage!
hugs~carol

Karen said...

Your card is just beautiful! I never think to use an embossing folder after stamping, but it's an idea I need to keep in mind. The gold pearls are the perfect embellishment!

Stef Perry said...

Love the soft, romantic design of your card, Cindy, and those flowers are just the sweetest, aren't they? Using the neutral brown was ideal with the blue and like Karen, I need to remember to add embossing in the background, yours adds so much interest. Gorgeous!

Marcia Hill said...

Your card is absolutely GORGEOUS Cindy!! I had to sit and just stare at it for awhile, soaking in all the details! The flowers themselves are beautiful, but your background is AMAZING! Vintage style at its prettiest and you have totally made this color combo SHINE my friend! Hope you are back to feeling 100% now?!! Hugs. :0)

Julie B said...

Such a soft and feminine take on the new colours Cindy. The vintage feel the colours suggest works really well. :)

Nancy said...

This is such a pretty card, Cindy! I love that you stamped and embossed the background. The choice to add the neutral brown worked out so very well. Awesome job with these colors.

Leslie Miller said...

Stop the presses! How beautiful this is, Cindy! The airbrushed look of the flowers first caught my eye, and then the background. I suspected it was a cover plate, but no, it's embossing and I love that even more. Your neutral stamping is an exquisite background companion. I adore this card. You're so good!

Lisa Elton said...

Love your beautiful background, Cindy! This is a marvelous card!

JulieP said...

I love how you did the background!!!! So much to admire. Beautiful card!