Translate

Saturday, July 1, 2023

Color Hues #67 Merlot and Navy

 Hello and happy Saturday, friends! My calendar page is turned to July 1 and that means a new duo for Color Hues!  Our dear Marcia has chosen Merlot and Navy for us to use, so pull out those supples and join us! My card features stencils with added stamping to give a vintage look. 



The white card base was first inked in the dark blue and wine using DOX inks and the Bold Bouquet Stencil from Gina K.  I lightly stamped with script randomly over the floral element. 


I got a little crazy with the mixed media aspect of this card, adding splatters with the darker blue ink. Lastly, I used a Ranger Ink stencil called Dot Fade, dabbing on Glitz Glitter Gel (also Gina K)  in random areas. It sure does shine and the texture is amazing.

Can you tell I had a blast making this card? I had no idea how it would turn out but I was really pleased with the result!

You will surely be pleased with the DT's takes on this challenge, so check it out! I'm so glad we can welcome Rosemary as our guest, too! As for me, I appreciate your visit so much! 

Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  






10 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Whoa, really love your gorgeous card! Love the design, the sparkle and the beautiful mix of colors.

Nancy said...

There is so much to admire on your card, Cindy! I love the added sparkle and the script background. Awesome job with the colors! So happy your computer troubles got resolved.

Karen said...

The stencil along is gorgeous, but all your additions elevate this card to fabulous!

Julie B said...

Love the extra added twinkle Cindy, it brings your card to life! :)

Stef Perry said...

Yay, mixed media! It all looks so fabulous with your beautifully stenciled flowers, Cindy. I especially like that you added the stenciled glitter gel dots and the splatter. Love this!

Leslie Miller said...

This is really beautiful, Cindy! I do like this color combo Marcia has chosen, and you've done amazing things with it. The stencil is gorgeous and beautifully blended. The script adds a whole other look to it, and then you've topped it off with the glittery dots. Masterful!

Marcia Hill said...

Well you already know I LOVE this card from having seen the previews, but I am totally loving the close-ups now and all the added details that I didn't catch before! This card is AMAZING Cindy and you have totally done my color combo proud!! Thanks for making this challenge SHINE my friend...love, Love, LOVE this card!!! Hugs. :0)

Tracey McNeely said...

Cindy your card turned out absolutely gorgeous! Such a pretty stencil but with the script over top and the addition of th dark blue ink splatters and the gel sparkles--next level! Wow!

cm said...

Your card is a mixed media marvel with the pretty stencil, the script, the splatters and the special touch sparkles. Talk about acing the colour combinations with your top-notch design and creativity!
~carol

Rosemary said...

Gorgeous card! The stenciling is just amazing and I love the little touches of glitter. It finishes off the card perfectly. Thanks so much for the lovely comment!