Translate

Thursday, May 4, 2023

Combining Stencils

 I am popping in with a card for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge, even though it's near the deadline, I just had to play along. You may have noticed my obsession with stencils lately. It continues! I learned so many ideas from the Stenciled 2 Online Card Class, that I pulled all my stencils out, and ordered a few more as well. 

I just couldn't wait to use this new stencil from Gina K designs, called Bold Bouquet. 



Beginning with pale blue card stock, I blended Oxide inks in layers using Salvaged Patina, Peacock Feathers, and just a bit of Shabby Shutters. 

For the next step, I inked the Stitched Quilt Stencil  (Frantic Stamper) over the entire card front. This simple layer brought cohesiveness to the design. Wanting to add texture, I used the Dot Fade stencil (Tim Holtz) and randomly daubed white craft ink in a few areas. 


I had a blast making this card and I was really pleased with how it turned out. I am eyeing all my stencils differently now that I realize how many ways they can be used. 


The Tic Tac Toe challenge had great options! I went with the top row suggesting Flowers, Word Die and Matching Envelope. 

It was easy to add a stenciled flower diagonally across the envelope with some design on the back and upper left front.  


ETA:  I didn't make it in time to enter at Tic Tac Toe. Next time!

I will also add this to NBUS, SSS Wednesday Challenge, and a new to me challenge at 


 I hope this encourages you today. Get those stencils out to play! I am grateful for your kind visit, thanks so much! 

Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  











7 comments:

TK said...

Wow this is really pretty, gorgeous inking and so many sweet details

Leslie Miller said...

Oh my oh my! I'm agog, Cindy! Breathless. Stunned. You're a good learner, but I know you already had some mad design skills, too. Stencils are a wonderful thing these days. They've come a long way. They take up very little space, too, so that's a plus. I have not yet come up with a good way to organize them. Of course, now you've got me wanting to head over to Gina K to look at her stencils. Just to look, mind you...

Darnell said...

This is so pretty, Cindy! I love the stencil and your coloring in my favorite colors! I think I need to take a stencil course, too. I forget I have them, so I appreciate the reminder and thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Kristin Sluhan said...

What a great idea to combine stencils!! The effect here is so soft and wonderful...I love it! Thanks so much for visiting and commenting on my blog

Lisa Elton said...

Wow, this is fabulous! Love the colors and that you did the envelope too!

Marcia Hill said...

Just saw this card in Darnell's gallery when I went to add a card and had to stop in to see more detail...I love this card Cindy! I tend to use my stencils one at a time too, but absolutely LOVE all the added details using 3 stencils adds to this beautiful card! Love the colors and your matching envelope too! Hugs. :0)

Darlene said...

Oh Cindy this is just BEAUTIFUL and I love how you've coordinated the envelope! Great idea and will be giving that a try soon! Thanks for inspiration and Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Co-Owner
STENCIL FUN CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS