Translate

Saturday, April 1, 2023

Gratitude Color Hues #61

Hello friends! Welcome to our new challenge at Color Hues! For April our dear Stef has chosen Peach and Kraft for us to use.  I chose floral stamps and stamped them in warm brown ink,  colored with Copics, then fussy cut them out. 

I wanted the sentiment (Penny Black - Smile) to be the focal point on my card because I love the message and the pretty fonts. Using the dies I cut and framed a diamond shape and matted it with kraft card stock. 

  

To dress it up even more, I added a 3D embossed panel (SSS - Magnolia Branches) and a few flat gold sequins. 


Our wonderful challenge participants fill our gallery with beautiful cards and clever designs. I can't wait to see what you will make! Just have fun.

Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  


Stamps used: Waffle Flower Bouquet Builder   Dies: Spellbinders' Diamond Foil Frame Plate and Die set. 

11 comments:

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Cindy. Love how you have used this lovely color combo. That sentiment is very meaningful. Love the pretty blooms.

Nancy said...

Such a striking card, Cindy! Super job fussy cutting your florals and that sentiment is wonderful. The flat gold gems are a perfect final touch!

Bonnie said...

So pretty, Cindy!

Karen said...

It's a beautiful card, Cindy, to highlight that very special sentiment! I love the embossed background, and the gold accent are just the perfect final touch!

Stef Perry said...

Love, love LOVE your gorgeous card Cindy! Your Copic coloring of the flowers is amazing, as is your card design highlighting that wonderful sentiment. Beautiful!

Julie B said...

What a lovely sentiment, the diamond mount you used is perfect and the embossed background sets the whole panel off perfectly. :)

Marcia Hill said...

I can see why you wanted the sentiment to be the star of your card Cindy...it's beautiful! Penny Black has such wonderful sentiments and I tend to use them a lot in my cards too! I love the diamond shape that you put your sentiment in, and then surrounded with the beautiful flowers...soooo pretty! And I'm totally in LOVE with your embossed magnolia background! Lovely, lovely card my friend! Hugs. :0)

Carol said...

Such a lovely card, Cindy! Love every detail.

Lisa Elton said...

I like your clean design, Cindy! This is pretty!

Tracey McNeely said...

Cindy your flowers are spectacular and stamping your sentiment in brown looks amazing. You added great details with the embossed background, triangular shape and pretty gold sequins! I love it!

Leslie Miller said...

That truly is a beautiful sentiment and so is everything else about your card. The flowers are just enough and I love the diamond shape on gorgeous embossed white. Loving those flat gold sequins, too. Putting them on my list!