Translate

Sunday, January 22, 2023

Under His Wings

This beautiful cardinal has been layered and assembled on my desk for quite some time. Today is a perfect time to feature him on this card inspired by Jaydee's CAS theme challenge at The Paper Players.  




Three different colors of red card stock provided the body layers. I added shading details with colored pencils.  Using white card stock for the bird's head and beak, also the greenery, I colored with Copic markers after cutting. 

The white strip was embossed for added texture. The sentiment is one that I just love! The set contains several Scriptures that pertain to birds, they are truly encouraging. Creating a mini slim card that measures 3.5" x 6" gave me a bit more playing room.



Thanks so much for visiting today! 

 Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  


 




Stamps: God Will Take Care of You from Stamp Simply
Dies: Lovely Layers Winter Birds and Winter Greenery - Honey Bee Stamps
Other: Spellbinder's 3D Embossing Folder - Corrugated



4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh!! This bird and greenery is absolutely gorgeous and so realistic! Beautifully done, Cindy. I'm blown away.

Suzanne said...

Cindy, I love all the texture and layers on your card. That cardinal is lovely, Cardinals are my favorite bird. Thanks for participating in The Paper Players Challenge this week. Suzy

Jaydee said...

Cindy, I love your cardinal on his pine branch, he really pops off that kraft base. Such a fabulous CAS card. So glad you shared this beauty with us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

Oh cardinals are my favorite and this is such a sweet card, Cindy! Thank you so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!