Translate

Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Interactive Cards: Slimline Shadowbox

 How are you doing on this Tuesday morning? My past week allowed some wonderful family time, as my husband and I were out of town and able to help with the big sisters of the new baby! 

I had a few cards ready to go on the hopper that explore some special folds and interactive features. First up, the slimline shadowbox! 


I used an old favorite from Papertrey Ink - Fenceline: summer to create both cards. 

The first card measures, 4-1/4" by 8". The folds for the base are so easy, I got help from Jennifer's wonderful video HERE. I began by inking a simple scene of sand ocean and sky using Altenew inks. The fence was stamped on the bottom layer, other images were stamped and fussy cut to add depth to the front and the outer layer of the card. 


I used textured card stock in bermuda bay, adding a white frame over the top. 

For the second card - I will show you my mistake! THe first card is what I learned from it! 


Do you see what's missing?  The shadow box! OOPS. I glued the scene panel just behind the front of the card, instead of placing it onto the INSIDE of the box. Now you know what NOT to do, lol! 

Creating multiple cards with a set or a theme is helpful to me, as I learn and get better as I go. Learning from my mistakes may turn out to be helpful for you. Maybe not! This card measures 4" by 9". 

I've enjoyed pulling this set out to use again, I have only inked it up once before, HERE if you missed it. Oh, HERE is one more. 

The sentiment is from Altenew Craft Your Life Kit - Fragrant Florals.

Thanks for hanging on through this long post. Hope you caught some happy thoughts/vibes from your visit with me today!

Be yourself.

     Find delight in your craft.

             Make something beautiful! 





3 comments:

Karen said...

It's a great set for that technique! Love the cards, and thanks for the reminder about that stamp set. I haven't used it in a very long time!

Linda Callahan said...

Well I would certainly live to spend some time on that beautiful beach!

Leslie Miller said...

I LOVE both of these beach scenes, even without the shadow box. However, the shadow box is totally fabulous and fun to look at. The sentiment is great. I would use that one a lot. If I remember right, these shadow box cards fold flat for mailing, too, and that's always a plus in my book.