Translate

Sunday, July 10, 2022

For the Paper Players #599

 Can you believe how fast the weeks are going round? I've been loving being a Guest Designer at The Paper Players this year, and it's time for a NEW challenge! It's a color challenge from LeAnne, using my fav new colors from Stampin' Up!: Tahitian Tide and Parakeet Party. My best bet for getting close to the bright and happy shades was using my Zigs to color. Wow, was that ever fun! 

I also made a trifold window card. My blog theme this week will be Interactive cards, so I am kicking it off using stamps from Penny Black which work well for this technique.




When you open the card, you get the full bouquet of flowers in a cute teacup! My 'painting' is loosely done and leaves bits of white in the flowers. I carried the friend sentiment from the front to the inside. Lastly the sweet sentiment and my message to go with it will be seen. 



 I bet you can guess where the extra hearts came from ! Changed my mind and decided to go with a larger window. I didn't want to use a belly band to hold the card together, so this metal clip with black thread will do. I decided that was just the bit of something 'extra' the front needed! Supplies listed below. 



What will you choose? Can't wait to see your cards in the challenge gallery. Thanks so much for visiting today! My PB stamps are never before used, so I am entering this at NBUS.

Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  









My PB stamps are never before used, so I am entering this at NBUS.


Supplies used: 
Stamps: Honeybee Stamps and dies - BItty Buzzwords, Penny Black - Fresh Bouquet, Smile 
Paper: MFT Colorful Canvas Pack
Accessories - Zig markers, SU Heart dies

11 comments:

Jennie Maier said...

Cindy, this is just the cutest!! I love your coloring of the flowers and the heart cut out to show them off! Just darling! Have a great week!

Ann Schach said...

What a beautiful card, Cindy! The trifold design is so much fun. I love how you colored the image. You did an amazing job with the challenge colors. Have a wonderful week!

Bonnie said...

Love this trifold card, Cindy! You've used these colors beautifully and I love your coloring of the bouquet! So nice to see you again in the NBUS gallery!

Claire Broadwater said...

Cindy, this is fabulous! I just love your fun fold! Whoever receives this is in for a real treat! I love the heart window and all those gorgeous flowers in the tea cup! You rocked this challenge, My Friend!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, it's a trifold! How lovely! The colors and the stamp are gorgeous. I shopped Penny Black and got a different stamp, but it was hard not to get everything from this collection. I adore your card, and the clip with string bow is a perfect addition while also functional.

LeAnne said...

I LOVE THIS! I love anything that is outline-drawn and hand-colored, and those flowers are just adorable! You have made my colors shine, and I love that it's a trifold--even more fun!

Christy Lynn said...

I am right there with you, Cindy--how is it the middle of July already?? Such a sweet card for this week! I love how you see the flowers in the cutout window and then open it up to see the full image. And so thrifty of you to use the heart cutouts on the inside!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Cindy this is fabulous - your artistic talents know no bounds, so pretty! And the clip fastening is perfect!! You are rocking your GD spot this year!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS, Cindy! I love every single detail on your card!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like this it's so pretty! Those little blue flowers are so sweet!

Jaydee said...

Oh.. I love those beautiful blue flowers! what a wonderful surprise. Fabulous card and great use of the colors!
hugs
jaydee