Translate

Thursday, June 16, 2022

Blue and Green for Color Hues #43

Hello, how are you doing? Hope things are going well! Today is a new challenge at Color Hues and if you checked earlier you may have seen my incomplete post. Photos only! I unfortunately have COVID and am quite a bit under the weather. But as you can see, I have some jewel tones of blue and green to brighten your day! 


This card uses a technique called ink lifting which begins a background inked and blended on heavy card stock. I use Vicki Boutin Foundations Mixed Media and DOX inks. After it was thoroughly dry, I heat embossed the Spring Flowers background stamp (SSS) in white. 
 


Going in to some of the flowers and buds with a damp paintbrush removed ink and brought out gradations of wonderful hues that vary according to the amount of water. 


 I love this effect and will be using this again. It takes a bit of time but the effort is worth it. Thanks for visiting!


13 comments:

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Cindy, this is absolutely gorgeous. So crisp and brilliant are your bright blues and greens. I love the design and I love those flowers tied together with black twine. Fabulous creation!

Julie B said...

Love the bright greens and blues you've used here and the subtlety of the ink lift technique. Hope you're feeling better soon Cindy. :)

~amy~ said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I hope you feel better soon!

Maria said...

Oh, how lovely! Great design and beautiful color! I hope you get to feeling better very soon!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the way one color flows to the next! This is wonderful, Cindy. Prayers for s speedy recovery!

Brenda in IN said...

I'm so sorry to hear you have Covid and hope you will be better soon. This card is beautiful. Blue and green are a lovely combination and this background is so pretty.

Leslie Miller said...

This is very pretty, Cindy, and I'm totally in love with it! You make the prettiest and most cheerful cards. I'm sorry to hear you have COVID. I just came from another blog where the gal was talking about her friend having COVID. It's prevalent, but hopefully you'll feel better soon. I'll be thinking of you and sending hugs.

Karen said...

This is gorgeous! I love that our ink lifting techniques both showed up on the same challenge. I especially like the way you cut your panels into squares. The added die cuts make this a wonderful design! Hope you are feeling much better by now,

Nancy said...

I ADORE this card! Awesome, awesome job! I certainly hope by now you are on your way to feeling better! Such a terrible way to spend your birthday! Cyber hugs!

kareN stampZ said...

Fab card, I am never patient enough with my ink lifting but looking at your fab result must try harder next time I attempt it

cm said...

Beautiful jewel tones of blue and green! I've never done ink-lifting; yet another 'must try' on my list! Hope you're feeling back to 110% soon!
~carol

Tracey McNeely said...

Cindy what a fantastic card! I love the quarter design and the colours are so vibrant!!

Kristie Goulet said...

I love your jewel tones of blue and green! Such a beautiful card and fun technique! Feel better soon!