Translate

Sunday, May 22, 2022

The Paper Players #592 A Sketch with Season of Chic

 Hello friends! Every once in a while a collection of products come by that seem to be just for you. I have long loved gathering sea shells at the beach and marveling at their natural beauty.  My home is filled with the collections! When I saw the Texture Chic Suite Collection  (Stampin' Up!) I knew it was for me!  With an assortment of seasonal images in a sketchy style with dies and shimmering papers, I envision beautiful creations throughout the year.  

Just in time for LeAnne's fabulous  sketch challenge at The Paper Players, here's my first card made with the brand new goodies. 




I layered two of the specialty papers onto a white card stock panel. I love the airy washes of color and gold foil accents in these. For the shells, I did layered stamping with Distress Oxide inks in Spun Sugar, Wild Honey and Broken China. The tiny shell is from the Seashells 3D embossing folder, snipped out and lightly sponged with ink.



They are assembled over a die cut piece of the Distressed Gold Specialty paper. I love this glimmer! A sweet sentiment stamped in Bermuda Bay and a scattering of elegant jewels (Buttercream by PPP) complete my project.


I hope you will head on over to see the gorgeous DT samples and join us for the sketch. I'd love to see what you make! You will also find this entry at the delightful NBUS Challenge (never-been-used-stuff.)

 Thanks so much for your visit today, hope you're able to find some time to get crafty! 


 Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  








11 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Really beautiful papers and stamp set with dies. I had to go look and ended up at SU for quite a while. I can see why you were drawn to it. Honestly, your card makes it much more tempting than anything on the site. So gorgeous, Cindy!

LeAnne said...

This set caught my eye in the catalog too, Cindy! How fun to see it here with all these lovely subtle shades! Just beautiful! Thanks for making my sketch look great!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely stunning, Cindy! This is one of my favorite suites in the catalog. In fact, I have used it for next week's card. Such a perfect collage of elements, and a wonderful take on the sketch. LOVE it!!! Have a wonderful week!

TeresaC said...

Beautiful summery beachy glimmery card, Cindy!! Love your colors, your accents and your shells!! So pretty!

Jennie Maier said...

Pretty card Cindy! Love how you used the shells for the sketch! Have a great week!

Lisa Elton said...

This is beautiful, Cindy! Your addition of the gold die cut and sprinkling of sparkling gems is marvelous. I hope to add a few more real shells to my collection this summer!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I think this set was made for you Cindy - your card is beautiful and I can't wait to see what else you make with this suite. So pretty and I love the touches of gold and the hatched piece for texture behind the shells. Gorgeous!

Claire Broadwater said...

Cindy, this is FABULOUS! I love your take on the sketch! I also LOVE the beach! Your beautiful shells and sentiment are perfect! I love this fun background! I need to CAS this beauty for my beach friends!

Christy Lynn said...

Beautiful card, Cindy! I love all the shiny accents on this, perfect for your shell theme.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a stunning card, Cindy! I keep going back again and again to take in all of the gorgeous detail. Just WOW!!!

Jaydee said...

Cindy, this is a stunning card. From the colors to the texture to the little details. Just gorgeous
hugs
jaydee