Translate

Sunday, May 1, 2022

The Paper Players #589 Hello Bluebird Garden Party!


Hello friends!  Maybe you are old enough to remember circling a flagpole for May Day celebrations on May 1? Well, I'm not quite that old - but I think outside parties and flowers are a lovely remembrance. I still can't believe it is MAY already! It's also Sunday so that means time for a new Paper Players challenge! Our theme provided by dear Jaydee is - birds and/or bees, take your pick! Or use both as I did. 




I'm again featuring a Slim line card that measures 3-1/2" x 8-1/2". I had so much fun creating this garden party celebration! The images were colored with Copics with accents from a white gel pen added then die cut. The backgrounds were ink blended with DOX inks. 

Here's a close up so you can catch a look at those bees! I will list supples below for those who like details. 


Be sure to check the lovely inspiration provided by the Design Team and join us, won't you? 


Stay tuned for my second post today to follow soon. Have a great time with your weekend crafting! 

Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  








Supplies: Stamps - Hello Bluebird Garden Party and coordinating dies, Sentiment from Park Play
Distress Oxide Inks (Cracked Pistachio and Broken China 
Dies: I used the Mama Elephant Slim Film City dies for the outer scalloped mat and the long postage stamp bordered edge. The SU stitched square die created the windows. 
Paper: SU Soft Sky
Other: Wink of stella for bees wings, white gel pen, Copics



10 comments:

Tracy Grauer said...

This card is so cute! So amazing! Good job!

Jennie Maier said...

Cindy, you rocked the challenge using both birds and bees. What a cute card! Have a great week!

laurie said...

Too cute!!! What a fun scene you created!!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Birds and bees - I love it Cindy! Your little scene is fabulous, so many cute details. What a great card!

Claire Broadwater said...

Cindy, this is just fabulous! I love slim line cards and this one is adorable! Your little scene is precious! Birds and bees singing a song on a sunny day! SMILE! I love it!

LeAnne said...

These birds and bees are the bee's knees! SO stinking cute, reminds me of little cartoons from the 40s and 50s! Fun take on the theme! And your colors are so bright and cheery too!

Lisa Elton said...

This just makes me smile! What a HAPPY card!

Leslie Miller said...

There's so much happiness here and I love it! Your card really looks like a garden party. These stamps are adorable and your coloring of them is downright joyful. We did a Maypole dance every year when I was in grade school. It was absolutely beautiful and took a lot of planning and coordination. We also made May baskets full of little flowers and hung them on the neighbors' doorknobs. I must be old, but what lovely memories!

Jaydee said...

Oh, how I remember May Day celebrations and going around the pole:-) Thanks for that memory! Cindy, I absolutely love this card. There is so much to love and I love it all.
hugs
jaydee

Ann Schach said...

Talk about a perfect card for this challenge! This one is it for sure! I LOVE the cheery colors and the retro vibe going on. You hit this one right out of the park, Cindy!!! One of the cutest cards ever!