Translate

Sunday, May 29, 2022

Pretty Poppies for Paper Players 593 with Honey Bee

Glad to welcome you to today's post featuring the Lovely Layers: Wildflower Honey Cuts from Honey Bee stamps. The Paper Players challenge is from our very talented artist Ann, and you know she loves flowers! I thought it would be great to feature these pretty dies for the first time.  


 These are beautiful in any presentation because they have embossed details on every die. I chose to cut them from watercolor paper and paint them with my watercolors. I added distressing and shaping with a stylus and and rounded tool, curling the edges as I glued the flowers together. I love the dimension!  


The Tic Tac Toe board suggested patterned paper. I ended up using the diagonal row, die cut/ floral/ribbons, but since I felt the design needed just a bit more of something, I kept in the paper. I have the option of adding a sentiment later. 

 

I can not wait to see what you will make! So many options make this an easy challenge to join, we hope you will play along! 
Thanks so much for your visit today! 

Be yourself.

     Find delight in your craft.

             Make something beautiful! 






 

I will add this to one of my fav places for inspiration, NBUS.  


Supplies used: 

Stamps: none
Ink:
none

Paper: Ranger watercolor paper, Tea Boutique 6x6 Pad Stampin' Up!
Accessories - 
Lovely Layers: Wildflower Honey Cuts , Altenew 36 pan Watercolors, Waffle Flower Cover Die

8 comments:

Jennie Maier said...

Cindy, love those flowers! The texture and colors are just beautiful! I also really like that background die cut! Have a great week!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous blossoms atop that cool cover plate, Cindy! And I love the striped paper behind too!! So glad you shared this at NBUS!! Linda, May Guest Designer

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely stunning, Cindy! The die cut grid over the striped paper is beautiful, while the die cut and water-colored blossoms steal the show. This card takes my breath away! Have a wonderful week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

So, so pretty Cindy! The embossing on those diecut flowers adds so much detail, texture and interest. Love the diecut with the soft striped paper behind too. Such a romantic. feminine card - gorgeous!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my, this is absolutely beautiful! You make great choices in your stamps and dies. Your collection is truly fabulous and I always love coming here to see what you're up to. Always fresh and inspiring. Thanks, Cindy!

Nancy said...

Outstanding card! Just as lovely as can be!

Christy Lynn said...

Between the embossed texture and the watercolors, those flowers have so much dimension and detail. Beautiful!

Jaydee said...

Cindy, I love all the different textures you have on your card and those flowers are stunning. I love the mix of the pink, green and white, too. Gorgeous card
hugs
jaydee