Translate

Sunday, January 30, 2022

Glimmering Birthday Wishes

 Hello friends! I used to think I was pretty good at resisting all the newest trends. While some I gave in to readily, and others I jumped into after holding out so long they were no longer trendy, I have to say I have found a new possibility. I told myself I didn't need a Glimmer system, but after I got one for Christmas I'm in love with the new look for my cards. Wish I had done it sooner!

See what you think. 


I created this card for Challenge #576 at The Paper Players. I love a Tic Tac Toe challenge and went with two rows: diagonally - birthday, flower, die cut and the third column down  - die cut, birthday, stencil.


Using the Floral Notes stencil (and Dies) from Pink Fresh studio involved quite a bit of experimenting with techniques, color combos and inks. 


 

I finished the elegant look with several gemstones. Foiling is hard to photograph. Here's a close up.



I will list the extensive list of supplies below.

I sure hope you'll have a go with this fun challenge! Our team has some extraordinary inspiration and I can't wait to see what you make! 

Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  




Supplies used: 

Stamps: NONE 

Inks: Tea Party - Altenew, Soft Stone - PTI

Paper: white, WPlus9 Dove 

Spellbinder: Glimmer System, Yana's Special Sentiments, gold foil

Accessories - Floral Notes, Diamond Motif  Stencils - Pinkfresh Studio, coordinating Dies and the Slimline Dies






15 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Breathtaking, Cindy! The stenciling and flowers are beautiful, but the foiling really elevates this card to a whole new level of stunning. Plus, I LOVE the slimline design. You hit this one out of the park! Have a wonderful week!

Linda Callahan said...

A glimmer system? I don’t know what that is but it sure is gorgeous on your card! Beautiful!

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Linda, thanks so much! Since you asked.
Glimmer system is the name of a product that allows you to add foil accents by combining heat and pressure from your die cut machine. It also entices accessory acquisition syndrome!

LeAnne said...

I'm with Linda Callahan...no clue what a glimmer system is...some sort of foiling? Anyway, this card is gorgeous! Love the slimline look, the florals are so pretty and that gold shimmer is perfection!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Cindy this card is a real wow! I just love the stencilling and those pretty flowers and the foiling is just the perfect finishing touch. And the slimline is totally on trend too - go you!

Claire Broadwater said...

Cindy, this card is beautiful! I love the stencil for the background! The flowers are so pretty! I really love slim line cards and this one is gorgeous! The gemstones are the perfect finishing touch!

Lisa Elton said...

Yay for new toys! Pretty results, Cindy! I like the soft stenciling in the background. Fabulous card!

TeresaC said...

Beautiful foiling Cindy!! Lovely card!!

Jennie Maier said...

Wow Cindy! This one is beautiful! I really love the stencilling! The flowers and gold are perfect! Have a great week!

Cindy H. said...

Gorgeous card, Cindy! Love that stenciling in the background and the beautiful foiling on the sentiment! I, too, have been on the fence about hot foiling but at this point it's going to be a major investment because I'll need a new die cutting machine, too. I know it will eventually happen and I hope the trend is still around by then :)

Christy Lynn said...

Gorgeous card, Cindy! I love the pinks and purples on the flowers and that diamond pattern on the background is gorgeous. I haven't been brave enough to try stencils but I sure love looking at what everyone else is doing with them :)

laurie said...

Love your floral slimline..so pretty!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my, the glimmer is so pretty and expertly photographed to show it at its best. The stencils and dies are beautifully done, as well. Love your mention to Linda about accessory acquisition syndrome, ha! I've resisted the glimmer system all this time, too. You make it tempting with your gorgeous card!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Wow, is this ever pretty, Cindy! The gold is such an elegant detail, too.

I Card Everyone said...

I love the added shimmer, Cindy! Of course, I HAD to come by for a look-see!
Excuse me while I have a closer look ... there's a whole lot to love here!
=]