Translate

Thursday, February 11, 2021

Let's Inspire Some Cheer!

 Hello, it's Thursday! Time for a new challenge at Inspired By, are you ready? 

Our theme is Pretty as a Pitcher, and the photo features a beautiful bouquet. Now, I do have several stamps in shapes of containers I could have built a floral arrangement in. A bottle, a watering can, or a mason jar. Alas, no pitcher. 

How about if I use a die and my imagination and call it a window box? That is exactly what I did, have a look! 



What it really boiled down to is wanting to use these fab florals stamps and dies, Signed & Sealed from The Greetery. The Halfsies Diamond Die allowed me to use quite a few of these sprigs that looked to me to be similar to those in the inspiration photo. I also used the Windowpane Plaid Background Stamp to echo the classic stripes on the pitcher. 



A bit of ink was sponged on the panel behind the flowers, and I added spatters of gold paint, gold thread and a few sequins. My photo is a bit dark, sorry. The flowers are a tad lighter IRL. 

We can't wait to see what you will make! Please join us!

Be yourself

     Delight in your craft 

        Make something beautiful!












Supplies used:

Stamps: The Greetery - Signed and Sealed; Stampendous - Friendly Phrases


INK: Versamark, WPlus 9 - Flamingo, Miami Spice, Appletini, Mojito; Distress Oxides - Broken China, Tumbled Glass

Accessories: Altenew Metallic Watercolors, Nordic Die - The Greetery




8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Cindy, I love your window box-full of darling florals!
I wouldn't be able to resist using these Signed & Sealed florals either! wink.
=]

LeAnne said...

I love everything about this...the flowers, the embossing, the windowpane check, the colors...it's all gorgeous!

Linda Callahan said...

Your windowbox is perfect! Beautiful floral bouquet!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh gosh, this is pretty! I love the way you've tucked the blooms into your window box. The shading behind them and the gold accents are perfect additions!

Leslie Miller said...

Your card is creative and wonderful and so, so pretty! I love that your cards are always a wealth of design, but never overdone. Fabulous, Cindy!

Danni Reid said...

Unbelievable, your window box design is gorgeous!

Kim S said...

Such a beautiful bouquet! It is so dainty and such lovely colors. I love it peeking out of the halfsies.

Nancy said...

This is a creative alternative, Cindy! So pretty too!