Translate

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Wood Slices and Ribbon for Christmas

 I've missed a few days of posting but I need to get back to building my stash for Christmas. At the same time, I find I'm really enjoying fall, so how about a rustic theme for today's card? Stamping bits and pieces here and there has helped this card come together, using for the first time some fun new-to-me products from the Greetery: Wood Slices Dies, Written in Ribbons sentiments and the Fresh Sprigs stamps and dies. 



I didn't buy these when they first came out - but fell in love with the things I saw all over blogland and realized that I have nothing quite this style in my Christmas collection. For the wood slices, I used Bristol Smooth white card stock, and blended the pieces with Distress Oxide inks. After gluing them together, I spattered bits of brown inks. 

For the sprigs and greeting, I stamped in Altenew inks and die cut the pieces. After assembling the focal point, a bit more spattering with white acrylic paint completed the project. 

I'm playing with Freshly Made Sketches, The Paper Players and NBUS today.




Oops, I sort of missed seeing the silver or gold directive. Maybe the wood slice is golden? Thank you so much for coming by and I hope you are hanging in there with the continuing isolation situation. Stay well. 


15 comments:

Karen said...

I love that strip of Buffalo plaid with the lovely wood slice arrangement! It's on a list to CASE for sure, although I don't have that beautiful ribbon script.

Darnell said...

Your card is gorgeous, Cindy! You might not have been the first one buying these products, but you are sure going to be inspiring lots of us to buy them with this beautiful design! Thank you so much for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

Cindy H. said...

Cindy, your card is just so beautiful! Great inspiration as I have the wood slice and buffalo plaid that I stamped previously sitting on my desk at this very moment. I haven't quite decided yet how I am going to use them.

Linda Callahan said...

This is wonderfully rustic! Love that plaid!

Leslie Miller said...

How pretty these stamps and dies are! The sentiment is clearly "written in ribbon". I recently bought a similar wood slice die by Impression Obsession and it's still in NBUS basket (along with too many other things). You arranged this so beautifully, Cindy!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the rustic elegance of this beautiful design, Cindy! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Stef Perry said...

Cindy I love the rustic feel to your card with the wood slice (I personally think it's "golden" enough to meet the challenge) and those delicate sprigs behind the die cut sentiment. As always, thanks so much for sharing with us at The Paper Players!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous card, Cindy - just love the wood slice with the buffalo plaid border!!

Lisa Elton said...

I didn't buy them either Cindy, but I might be adding them to my cart soon! Wow, this is fabulous. The buffalo plaid is perfect with the earthy elements!

Ida said...

Very nice card. I like the "rustic" look.

Allisa said...

Such a great card. Your wood slice is perfection! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Just beautiful Cindy - I love your foliage cluster against the rustic golden wooden slice and buffalo check, such a fresh and clean card. Thanks for playing along with my colour challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Love this Cindy! The buffalo check pops on the clean background and I love the wood element. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Karren said...

I love, love, love The Greetery proucts and those wood slices dies have just been delivered to me today :) Wonderful card and you've created such a realistic look to the wood slice. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Kim S said...

This is lovely! Absolutely classic! And so fresh with the delicate sprigs and sprinkles of snow.