Translate

Friday, November 6, 2020

Traditional Christmas with a Twist

 We made it to Friday, yaay! Although with COVID many of the days seem the same, I still find myself wanting to do something special for Friday.  I made Grain Free Waffles with buttered apples, bacon and whipped cream for breakfast. What have you been up to? 

And I have a Christmas card to share! Using traditional colors and a great sketch,  here's what I came up with. 



I love these flowers from the Potted Lily set (Waffle Flower designs) and I'm using them for the first time. For a twist I colored them like poinsettias using Distress Oxide inks to watercolor, and colored pencils for extra detail. I added a few Nuvo drops in the centers.

After fussy cutting I arranged the blooms on a banner, embossed with the  Dotted Swirls Debossing Die (Altenew.)  Fortunately I found the Snowday paper pack (Lawn Fawn) to be a perfect match for my coloring.  I like these patterns so much I've bought them twice! The sentiment  (from MFT) is embossed on a black die cut strip and layered over the flowers.  


I am delighted to add this to the terrific challenge at NBUS. Increasing my Christmas stash one card at a time. Thanks so much for coming by today!

Be yourself

     Delight in your craft 

        Make something beautiful!




10 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Yours is a delightful elegant classic card, well done you for all the colour matching, colouring and cutting x

JoAnn said...

Love your pretty Christmas card. I think the flowers make lovely poinsettias and that paper does match your coloring perfectly. TFS

Gail said...

Pretty poinsettia tag - nice work on this art piece! TFS

Kim S said...

Lilies to poinsettias - it works!! I love how you arranged them around the sentiment!

Karen said...

What a great take on the sketch! Love those gorgeous poinsettias! Those waffles sound pretty wonderful, too!

Linda Callahan said...

Hmmm I need to have breakfast at your house! Too many days in a row of Rice Krispies around here! Your flowers are beautiful....lovely holiday card!

Darnell said...

And that's how you do it! Bam! You took your ingredients and created a fantastic take on the sketch, Cindy. I love the traditional colors using a non-traditional flower and all the yummy texture! Notice the food-related words? That's because it's hard for me to concentrate on your card, as beautiful as it is, after hearing about those waffles!! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

Leslie Miller said...

I read your post and then clicked for a close up... so lovely, Cindy! The cute poinsettias, the sketch, all the different elements combined into a very cheerful and festive card. Your breakfast is mouthwatering... mmmmm... buttered apples!

Mary Holshouser said...

Beautiful. Love the big
fishtail. Great layering.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Judy Rozema said...

Beautiful holiday card! Thank you for playing along this week at Freshly Made Sketches!