Translate

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Life Has Been RUFF


Hi there! 
I am a dog lover and I know many of you are as well. I had a great escape this week to my nearby crafts box store. What I liked best about the excursion was getting to meet, Bonnie, a delightful therapy dog. Her owner said their outing to the store was the first time out in months for the pretty canine who really needed to socialize. How well I could relate to that statement and my new furry friend. 


You can only imagine how much I enjoyed coloring this doggy lineup and setting them into a simple scene. I did some masking with the stamped images to rearrange the pack, fussy cut then colored using Copics. The sky and grass were ink blended with Distress Oxide inks. ( Tumbled Glass, Cracked Pistachio and Lucky Clover.) 

It felt good to make this card for a friend that has been going through the mill with health issues. The dog images are from Puppy Power (Waffle Flower Crafts) and the sentiments from Friends FURever (Honeybee Stamps.) I know I will get lots of use from these sets. The sentiment continues inside with "No bones about it... You are PAWsome!"

I am playing with Freshly Made Challenges who inspired me with this sketch this week.

I thought the differing heights of the pooches mimicked the vertical lines. A little bit.

That's all for me today! Hope to see you soon! 

Be yourself
     Delight in your craft 
        Make something beautiful!



9 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Oh, wow, Cindy! Your card is "pawsome"! As a therapy dog mom, I know my kid is missing his "people"!

Cindy H. said...

Cindy, what a sweet and adorable card! Love your gorgeous coloring. I wish our craft stores would open and the rubberstamp conventions that I miss so much.

Kim S said...

What a great card for these times! It has been rough - but those happy faces will cheer anybody up!

Laurie Unger said...

Super cute! Off to check out the doggy stamp(s). thanks for then enable. LOL!

Leslie Miller said...

You know I'm a dog lover and for a fact this card is adorable! LOVE the stamp and the scene you created with the clouds in the background. I miss our one and only craft store that closed a few years ago. It was such a fun place to spend an afternoon. Even if we had a craft store it wouldn't be open yet. Oregon is opening in phases.

Lisa Elton said...

Sounds like you had a real pick me up kind of day! Your card is just as cute as can be and will diffidently lift your friend's spirits!

Amy O said...

I love this scene of doggy goodness! What a fabulous card, Cindy!

Cécile Ribon said...

What a cute lineup of dogs and puppies! This makes such a creative take on the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

Linda Callahan said...

This adorable pack of pups will cheer anyone up! Beautiful coloring!