Translate

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Best Wishes

Hello crafty friends! 
If you think I've not been stamping much this past week, you may be right! Every once in awhile a break seems a good idea. Hopefully I come back to my blog with renewed freshness. Honestly, it's been rainy here for a L-O-N-G couple of weeks and I've been curling up with a good book or two. 

Although Spring Card Camp 2 is officially over, I got totally into the lesson by Dawn on mono-printing. It's addicting, as she said, and I've completed quite a few takes on the technique, just haven't made them into cards yet. Here's my first.




 It involves laying out multiple colors on the plate and picking them up with a clean stamp. When you stamp these images they take on a dreamy watercolor look. I love techniques like this because you're never quite sure what look your inking and color choices will give. It's a pleasant surprise! 

Keeping my focal point small so I didn't cover up the background, I added a delicate flower with sparkling embossing and a few pearls. 

Thanks so much for your visit. I hope you and your loved ones are keeping well and encouraged. 

Be yourself
     Delight in your craft 
        Make something beautiful!











Supplies used:
Stamps: PTI - Meadow Greens; Clearly Besotted - Leafy Accents; WPlus9 - Basic Banners
Paper: Neenah Solar White
INK: Distress Oxide Inks - Faded Jeans, Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio; WPlus9 - Old Gold; Versamark
Accessories: WPlus9 - hexagon die from Welcome, WOW Embossing Powder Spring Rain







2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I just really, really love this, Cindy! The colors are extremely beautiful to my eyes and I love the soft look with bubbles. Plate? I'll definitely have to look up this technique. I've seen it done with stencils, but not with stamps. Your main image panel is very pretty with it, too!

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Leslie,
It is a technique used with a gelli plate usually, which I don't have. But I used the back of a large photopolymer stamp and a brayer and it worked great!