Translate

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

A Two for One Inking


I'm back again with a second card using stencil techniques from day 9 at #OCCSpringCardCamp. Sometimes the card parts that don't turn out end up making the best cards! That's what happened with today's sample. 

Our technique involved inking a panel of card stock heavily over a stencil for card #1. Card #2 involved spritzing the inked stencil, flipping it over onto watercolor paper and smooshing. It turned out that I didn't care for the heavy inking version. But I loved what I got after the smooshing. 


I began with the Hypnotic stencil from Penny Black but it's almost impossible to make out the shapes on my card front.  

For now, I'm very happy with this soft look and simple design. The inks used were Tattered Rose, Abandoned Coral and Seedless Preserves. Hearts in die cut in white and vellum and a few sequins dress it up.
Thanks for taking a peek today!

Be yourself
     Delight in your craft 
        Make something beautiful!


4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

It's a beautiful card and I love the way this turned out! You get a whole other look with this technique. I'm not sure, but maybe this is what I've heard called monoprint. I could be totally wrong and I don't know why it's called that, but it sounds the same. Now you make me want to sit and do backgrounds. I never get very far making backgrounds because it gets real messy real fast!

Sue Ellen Sherer said...

It doesn't really matter that it doesn't look like the stencil...it turned out so lovely and the finished design is great.

Lisa Elton said...

What a lovely card!!

Linda Callahan said...

You are a master spritzer, smasher and smoosher! Love it!