Translate

Monday, August 26, 2019

Retro Rubber Guest Designer

Hello, welcome to my blog! I'm excited to be the guest designer in the Retro Rubber Challenge today and I can't wait to be part of their talented and fun group. 

If this challenge is new to you, the most important thing to remember is to use stamps that are at least more than one year old. Thus, we spread the love around instead of always using our newer items only. 

My card features the lovely images from WPlus9 Designs' Tropic Fever Set (May 2018).



The hibiscus flowers and leaves were stamped onto Bristol Smooth card stock, embossed with white, and then colored with blended Distress Oxide inks. I used a small sponge dauber to add layers of color.

The set also includes this striking background which was stamped in black. The sketch provided served as a good jumping off point for this card. 



We hope that you will play along! Look HERE if you want to check out the challenge. 

I can't wait to see what you will make! Thanks for stopping by ~

Be yourself
     Delight in your craft 
        Make something beautiful!






6 comments:

Karen Dunbrook said...

how beautiful...the black and white bkg just helps set off that beautiful flower.
x Karen

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Those lovely flowers pop with that great b/w background.

Leslie Miller said...

Yay, I love seeing the older stamps used! Congratulations on your guest spot! I would probably have to consider a year old stamp as one of my newer ones, sheesh. Not much stamping happening at my house lately. We just got home and now I'm hoping to be inspired by my stamping friends. How lovely this is, Cindy! The background looks like a die cut. What a fabulous set and a beautiful card!

Jan Clothier said...

Cindy, so happy to have you along as Guest Designer for this challenge. You've done such a fantastic creation for Claire's sketch. The black and white, graphic nature of the background papers make such a perfect foil for the bright, tropical flowers. Beautiful!

Rachelle Oltean said...

Hi Cindy! I love the graphic design on this card! The combination of geometric with simple floral is fantastic - Congrats on your guest designer spot!
Rachelle : )

Claire Grantham said...

Hi Cindy, so happy to have you with us as GDT at Retro Rubber. LOVE how you have used my sketch, your hibiscus and leaves are just amazing against the monochrome background I LOVE the burst of colour. Hope to see you in the gallery again soon. Cx