Translate

Thursday, October 1, 2026

Autumn Leaf Frame

 Dear crafty friends, I don't know where this week has gone and how in the world it has gotten to be October already, but, well, here we are! 

I promised a week of pumpkins from the craft room and honestly, I didn't keep up with that promise, unless you count the pumpkin baked oatmeal I cooked and ate all week! With gorgeous weather outside, crafting time has become more scarce, but I have two cards to share today. 

First up is a simple card showing a fall City scene using these lovely papers from La La Land Crafts. This is alas!, the last full sheet. I used the Autumn Leaf Wafer Die Frame (SSS) which includes pretty leaf outlines and a frame in 3 different layers. 



I cut the inner frame from Gold mirror card stock, and assembled it together with the white frame. I didn't want to cover the paper, so I backed the frame with vellum and added a bit of light orange card stock as an inlay in one leaf. 



This provided just a bit of solid color as well as giving me a place to add glue for adhering it to the card. I layered gold and white in the cuts from the Hello die. Bronze colored pearls add just a bit of pizzazz to the scene. 

The next card uses the same Autumn Leaf die, but this time without the leaves, I'm using the outer two layers of the frame. Isn't that detail pretty? 

 



The Thanks, Hello, and Hugs are included with the die set. And here you have the pumpkins! The base layer and pumpkin images  (SSS - Stitched Pumpkins) were cut of colored card stock and shaded with sponged ink. 

It feels good having had this time together, I appreciate your visit!

Be yourself

         Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  


I am entering this at:
NBUS - The Leaf Die is new! Can you believe it's Darnell's 91st challenge!
and SSS Wednesday Challenge - ATG using LaLa Land crafts




3 comments:

TK said...

Beautiful frame -- very lovely with the scene behind the window!

Leslie Miller said...

Another absolutely beautiful card with that paper, Cindy! I can't believe this is your last full sheet and I just recently used my paper for the first time. I love the gold and the one colored leaf with only the vellum in the center. Simply stunning! On to your pumpkins... that frame just keeps on giving, and this time with your cute stitched pumpkins which are on my wish list. I'm happy they made an appearance here today. As your card says -- thanks!

Kate said...

Love that city scape - and it looks even prettier behind the vellum and what a fabulous frame die! Love that blue in the second card - just like the blue skies we had earlier in the week - nothing like a blue sky on a crisp autumn morning to show off Autumn's golden gown! Hugs, Kate!