I'm back with another challenge card today, happy Friday, friends!
You know how I love card challenges, they help by keeping me growing as a stamper and having fun as someone who has a bit of time on her hands (usually!). That translates to keeping me out of trouble. Yesterday's card (HERE) was for a sketch challenge and today I'm back with TAKE 2 on the same sketch from Cecile from Freshly Made Sketches. I've been thinking on this sketch overnight.
You'd be amazed both of my takes are from the same challenge idea, but it just shows how easy it is to focus on one thing or another thing altogether when creating from a sketch. It all depends how the inspiration strikes you!
I used a square card this time (4.5 x 4.5"), with a smaller stitched die cut square featuring a scene. For the focal image I used a seaside image and the tall lighthouse mimics the diamond shape in the sketch.
I stamped the images using a masking technique onto Canson watercolor paper with Watering Can Archival ink, and painted in the details with Distress Re-inkers.
The sky shows the morning and night sky both to illustrate the sentiment, as its found on the stamp packaging. I dabbed a few stars with a white gel pen.
I am so happy to be using the Grounded & Glowing set from Penny Black for the first time. I keep looking for stamps that vary from my normal flowers and feminine vibes, and this one is working for me! I loved having a reason to pull out the watercolors.
Speaking of inspiration, the DT samples for this sketch are fabulous!
Thanks so much for your visit, I will see you soon!
Also playing with my new stamps at NBUS Challenge #89. and Penny Black Saturday Challenge.
Be yourself
Have delight in your craft
Make something beautiful!

1 comment:
Clever you with your out of the box thinking for the sketch and illustration of the sentiment! I looked up the set and I have to say I'm quite impressed with your use of it, and there's so much more to it as well. I don't remember this set for some reason. Like you, I keep an eye out for something different from what's already in my collection. Nicely done, Cindy!
Post a Comment