Translate

Sunday, September 1, 2024

Color Hues #94 With Thanks

 We are ushering in FALL with these new colors at the Color Hues Challenge! For #94 ( WOW, how has that happened!)  the colors dear Carol has for us are Rust and Green. She encourages a range of shades to choose from, so I went with a variety, using stencils and Distress Oxide Inks. 


The Lovely Silhouettes Stamps (The Greetery) were inked in green and complemented with a dark green card stock mat. Although it appears almost black, it is a lovely deep green. I had a hard time with the photo of these hues, I promise there is no yellow, just a pale orange. 

Do you ever finish a card and it just doesn't seem right? For me, the stacked shapes  were off balance intentionally. I added the gold metallic pearls, to compensate for that. What do you think?

You will not want to miss seeing the amazing cards in the gallery, and we hope that you will play along! 



Your visit means so much. Thanks for coming by! 

Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  




Supplies: 
The Greetery: Lovely Silhouettes stamp set, Color Spots Stencil
DOX inks: Dried Marigold, Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade, Lucky Clover
Concord & 9th: card stocks
WPlus9: Basic Label stamps and dies




9 comments:

cm said...

Cindy, your card is ever so pretty with the hues of rust serving as a background for your delicate greenery. The off-balance blocks are eye-catching; they add depth and interest to your design. Thank you ever so much for embracing the colour combination wonderfully!
hugs~carol

Julie B said...

Such a great idea to use the dark green for foliage against the inky squares. The gold pearls are a fab addition. :)

Karen said...

I'm in agreement--the arrangement of the squares and the addition of the gold pearls makes for a lovely design! The narrow dark green panel is also a great addition. A lovely, lovely card!

Marcia Hill said...

I think the layout of these squares are perfect just the way they are Cindy, and the gold pearls definitely accentuate that! Lovely, lovely Fall card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Nancy said...

Cindy, I like that your squares were off balance and I think the added accents are perfect. (As you know I rarely make a card without them.) Wonderful job with the colors and so creative. Take care!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how beautiful this is! It makes me want to stamp. Love the fall simplicity. Your squares, the colors, everything looks great on my screen. I see the green and love the gold accents!

Tracey McNeely said...

This graphic representation is fabulous of the colours! So beautiful!

Stef Perry said...

Cindy, your design is so elegant in it's simplicity and the offset squares look fabulous in the trio of oranges! The addition of the gold pearls was the perfect touch as well. Beautiful card!

Julia Aston said...

A lovely stack of the colors with the pretty stem stamped over - I remember years ago, we would ink up small acrylic blocks and stamp them on our cards - this reminds me of that!