Translate

Sunday, February 4, 2024

Altenew Bold Bouquet for The Flower Challenge

 Happy greetings to you on this new day. It's time for me to get to crafting and posting a bit more often as The Flower Challenge returns to inspire you! After our January break, we are in full swing with love month, asking you to add a heart (or two or three!) to your card. And of course, don't forget to feature flowers! My card is a stencil design using the Bold Bouquet 3D embossing folder from Altenew.  


When I saw THIS card by Carol - it's the second card - I was smitten and my card is  unashamedly a CASE of her beautiful work. I began by sponging Distress inks onto watercolor card stock for an ombre background in pink and deep red. Next I dry embossed the panel using the 3D folder, and lightly sanded some of the high points to add distressing. 


Using the coordinating stencils, I sponged in darker shades of red to some of the flowers. With a damp brush, I added deeper shading using Memento Toffee Crunch ink and a bit of gold metallic paint. I embossed the sentiment (Bold Bouquet stamps and dies) in gold, and embellished with three small hearts. 

I appreciate you for sticking with me through this long post. I know you'll love the DT's beautiful inspiration. Please join us and play along! 

Thanks for visiting me today. 

Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  




12 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card Cindy! I have this embossing folder but haven't used it yet, and guess I didn't realize there are coordinating stencils to go along with it...will have to check that out! I love the deeper tones of red and the gold you added to this bouquet...sooooo pretty! And of course those sweet little gold hearts too! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Vicky Hayes said...

So beautiful and bold and feminine Cindy and I love the way some of the petals are heart shapped too. Vicky x

Leslie Miller said...

And now your card is totally CASE-worthy in its own right! Beautiful color on this. Love the sanded edges and the Toffee Crunch for depth as well as the gold for extra elegance. I'm so happy to see your card today, Cindy. I miss you when you're absent for a while.

LeAnne said...

Ooooh, this is so pretty! Just gorgeous, you outdid yourself! Thanks for sharing this beauty with us for our "lovely" challenge this week at the Players!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Cindy this is so beautiful! The time taken to add the various inked layers really shows off that EF to full advantage - just beautiful. Thanks for playing along with my LOVE challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Cindy. The sanding and stenciling on this gorgeous floral is a wonderful technique, and you executed it beautifully. Thanks so much for playing with us at Just Us Girls.

Nancy said...

This is stunning!

Stef Perry said...

What a stunning take on Carol's card design and really, you've made it your own, Cindy! I totally love your mix of ink blending and stenciling plus the addition of Toffee Crunch and gold metallic paint. What a way to take an embossing folder design to the next level! Love it!

Cynthia Stevenson said...

Wow, just Wow! This is gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with The Paper Players.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Oh Cindy, this is lovely! The detail in the layered inks is truly stunning. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Bobby said...

You really made that embossing folder shine, Cindy. The highlights and shading give it even more dimension and the gold adds an elegant touch.