Translate

Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Waggingly Happy Color Hues #79

Hello friends, how are you faring in this winter cold? It's a sunny day here with a lovely Carolina blue sky, but brrrr! It is colder than usual! I can't complain as I know many of you are experiencing brutal cold temps and more snow than I can imagine! 

It's time to cuddle up in your craft room? or with a loved one? or a furry friend? And time for our challenge at Color Hues, to use Copper and Green. 

 I chose this Waggingly Happy stamp from Penny Back. 



I stamped on Mixed Media card stock, in black ink.  Using Copics in green (G12, G14) and rust (YR27, E21) I did my best to represent the hues of the challenge. I masked the  cute canine and sponged a circle in Bundled Sage distress ink.  The Parsley card stock and three enamel dots complete the card. As you'll see from the fabulous DT samples, there are many ways to interpret these colors. I can't wait to see what you will make! 

Thanks for your encouraging support here on my blog and at Color Hues. Hope your years is off to a great start. 

Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  







10 comments:

cm said...

Cindy, your sweet puppy makes me waggingly happy! What a cutie - and such a fabulous way to showcase this colour combination!
hugs~carol

Lisa Elton said...

Now that's a lovable little pup! This is a darling card, Cindy!

Julie B said...

Love your cute pup, he has devilment in his eyes! Such a different way to showcase the colours. :)

Karen said...

You definitely nailed the color challenge with this adorable pup! The sentiment is perfect, too! A very creative answer to this color combo!

Tracey McNeely said...

Cindy way to nail the colours! I love everything about this sweet design and that cute cute puppy!! Always a pleasure to visit your blog!

Nancy said...

When I saw this card over on the DT blog my first thought was so clever! Well, not only is it a clever use of the colors but it is wonderful done! Stay warm!

JulieP said...

He is adorable!!! I love the circle background. It's perfectly positioned with his upward glancing face. I just got back from N. Carolina where it was really cold...at least for this FL gal.

Leslie Miller said...

Awww, sweet puppy! The soft green circle is a brilliant way to highlight him while staying true to the colors at the same time. I love it, Cindy! No blue sky here, but at least the rain has stopped temporarily. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Stef Perry said...

What a darling puppy and a wonderful card for bringing a smile to someone's face! Your coloring is fabulous, Cindy. I love how you achieved the rust color - it works perfectly for our combo! Super sweet card!

Marcia Hill said...

That pup is ADORABLE Cindy, and you've truly captured the copper colors with your Copics! Sweet, sweet card my friend...totally makes me smile!! Hugs. :0)