Translate

Friday, December 1, 2023

Christmas Memories for Color Hues

`Happy Friday morning to you, my crafting friends. How are things going for you?  

It's beginning to look like Christmas at our house! The shopping is done, the decorations are being put in place for the festive celebration of my favorite holiday. I love to think of family and one of the best memories I have from holidays past is going ice skating. Just a bit of nostalgia for you with today's card. Hope you like it! 


The lovely Let's Skate die is pretty enough to feature on it's own. 

It was was cut twice, once from SSS Pawsitively Velvet Snow White  card stock and once from Silver Glitter paper. I used black card stock behind the eyelets and added shading with a gray marker to create a bit of a scuffed up look. I love the texture and softness of the velvet paper! I also placed the sentiment strips a bit off center. On purpose. I thought that looked best with the skewed angle of the skates. 

Our new challenge at Color Hues is for pink and silver. You will have the entire month to play along. 

 

Please do join us at Color Hues! We hope our gallery will be filled with your delightful creations! 

Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  





Penny Black supplies: Let's Skate die cut 51-750, Blizzard embossing folder

SSS: sentiments from Joy to You and Yours, Pawsitively Velvet Card Stock

I am adding this to the following challenges: 

NBUS   first time using the skate die

Time Out Challenges


SSS Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes


10 comments:

Nancy said...

The skates were a terrific idea with this color combo, Cindy. I have only ice-skated once and that was just a few years ago. I didn't do so well. LOL Such a pretty card all around. Happy Holiday Season to you! I am nearly done shopping and my tree is up with lights and that is it. I hope to finish it today! Take care!

Marcia Hill said...

What an AWESOME card Cindy and brings back memories of ice skating during my younger years...not sure I could even stand up on them today! Haha!! Sweet, sweet card though and those skates are just perfect along with all the snowflakes...you have made this color combo SHINE my friend! My shopping is almost done and the house is all decorated...now for the hard part of addressing all those cards and getting them in the mail on time! And wrapping gifts! And baking! The list goes on and on but I really do love this time of year!! Hugs. :0)

Julie B said...

Love your take on the colours Cindy. I used to go ice skating many moons ago but spent more time on my bum than on the skates! :)

Darnell said...

What a fun and schparkly way to use the pink and silver, Cindy! There is just something about ice skates that evokes snowy cold Christmas memories! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Happy Holiday Hugs! Darnell

Maria said...

Oh, what pretty ice skates for your beautiful card! Wonderful snowflake background, too!

Stef Perry said...

Such a beautiful card, Cindy! I adore those ice skates in sparkly silver and that luscious white velvet paper (ooo, to have those kind of skates IRL!) against the pretty pink snowflake background. I hope you have a wonderful time during the holidays!

Karen said...

Sorry it's taken me so long to make the rounds! I love this card! I never learned to ice skate, but always wished I could. Your skates are such a great choice for this color challenge, and the glittery blades are so festive!

JulieP said...

I could not possibly love this more!!!! You're bringing back special memories for me. This is just so beautiful.

Carol Cel said...

I really like this card. The snowflakes (emboss and dies) give a great touch. The pink background color is a great touch too.

Helen said...

A gorgeous card Cindy. I love the pretty pink background for your beautiful skates. I hope you had a lovely Christmas and that 2024 is a good one. 😊