Translate

Monday, November 13, 2023

Radiant Red and Gold

 Hi and happy Monday! Christmas cards are coming fast and furious at our house and I'm happy making the cards I look forward to all year! I have so many stamps for Christmas but today's card features a new-to-me rubber stamp by Penny Black called Radiant Red. You can never have too many poinsettia stamps! 


I love to watercolor. I stamped with Toffee Crunch ink onto Canson Watercolor paper and used Distress Ink re-inkers to color the blooms. I've long been a fan of PB but Jill's recent videos about batch stamping have inspired me to try her system to avoid decision fatigue. In giving this a  try over the weekend, I found myself sitting to paint and work on this card (and others) in little bits of time between football games and home duties. 

A simple card but dressed up with a beautiful sentiment, a border die and gold flat sequins. I'm playing at The Paper Players today 


the Penny Black Saturday Challenge 

Merry Little Christmas Challenge 

and adding this to NBUS as well. 

Thanks so much for your visit. I hope you're having a wonderful day. 

Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  


Other supplies: small sentimentPenny Black Jolly SnippetsLawnFawn Just stitching Double Rectangles, Sentiment Dies from Birch Press Design

10 comments:

Karen said...

This is absolutely stunning, Cindy! The watercoloring is so beautiful!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Cindy your watercoloured poinsettia is just stunning Cindy and I love the 'off the edge' design, it frames the sentiment beautifully. Thanks for joining in with my colour challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Darnell said...

I agree, Cindy, one can never have too many poinsettia stamps and this one, with your expert watercoloring, might have to come live with me, too! I'm also eyeing that double-stitched border! The sediment I already have, so now I just have to learn painting from you! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Happy Thanksgiving! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa Elton said...

This is spectacular Cindy! You've watercolored those pretty poinsettias to perfection. Marvelous card... WWCD!!!

Het hobbyhoekje van Annie said...

Adorable card. Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Little Christmas.
Annie (DT)

LeAnne said...

This is stunning! The watercoloring is perfect and that beautiful gold & vellum sentiment has me quite intriqued! So pretty! Thanks for playing with our color challenge this week at the Players!

Maria said...

Such a lovely card with the pretty poinsettias!!

Fran Wing said...

Cindy, I can't say enough good things about your sensational water colored poinsettias card! It's a perfect homage to Joanne's colors - and beautifully executed. Thank you for participating with us this week at The Paper Players.
Xoxo, Fran

Jaydee said...

Cindy, this card isn't simple - it's simply stunning. What a gorgeous job of watercoloring and I love the layout, too. We get to enjoy these fabulous blooms twice! So glad you shared this beauty with us at The Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Helen said...

Just beautiful! A gorgeous design.

Thanks for joining us at The Merry Little Christmas Challenge.

Helen x
DT