Translate

Thursday, November 16, 2023

Joyful Poinsettia Christmas


 The calendar tells me there's only a week until Thanksgiving, and Christmas is just around the corner! At Color Hues we are inviting you to bring out red and metallic gold to make your cards over the next two weeks. Christmas or not, these colors are elegant and full of possibilities! 



I am making every effort to dig into supplies from my stash and bring them out for inking! The Joyful Poinsettia stamp (W Plus9) makes a beautiful background. I stamped it in Versamark ink onto Real Red card stock, and heat embossed it with glittery gold embossing powder. 
The sentiment is in gold foil and I adorned it with  three red gems. 


Sparkle and elegance are my favorites for Christmas cards and this one has both. It's much more glittery IRL! 


Can't wait to see what you will make with these colors. Please join us!


Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  



 Supplies:
Sentiment is from Gina K Foil-Mates Joyful Holiday

I'm adding this to Peace On Earth Challenge

14 comments:

cm said...

Your embossed poinsettia background is a lovely stage for your star-of-the-show sentiment panel. Sparkle and elegance definitely evident on this gorgeous card!
hugs~carol

Leslie Miller said...

Stunning! I love gold and red together for elegant Christmas cards. I would like to find something in my stash that would work. Your sentiment panel is as pretty as the rest of the card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Cindy your card is so fun and glittery! I love that you used the glitter embossing powder, It makes for such a wonderful background. A really lovely card!

Nancy said...

Oh, how pretty is this! I especially love that you did your background as well and with such pretty embossing powder. I really love your foiled sentiment too! Wonderful job! Have a great rest of your week.

Lisa Elton said...

I love your fancy sparkling poinsettias, Cindy! They make the perfect background for you lovely sentiment panel. Beautiful card!

Linda Callahan said...

Total glam! Gorgeous!

Susan said...

Beautiful heat embossing, love the red and gold. Such an elegant card! Thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth!

Stef Perry said...

Oh my, Cindy, what a glorious, glittery card! That WPlus9 stamp set is a beauty and works perfectly for your background, especially with the glitter ep. Love the large, foiled sentiment too. Gorgeous!

Julie B said...

Such a simple idea but so effective Cindy. The poinsettia background is indeed very pretty indeed, love it. :)

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL Cindy! Your gold embossed Poinsettia background is so pretty and reminded me that I forgot to pull this set out from my stash this year...will have to rectify that soon!! Loving your foiled sentiment too!! Lovely, lovely card my friend, and you have literally made this color combo SHINE!! Hugs. :0)

Karen said...

You, of course, chose the perfect adjectives for this card: elegant and sparkly! It's simply gorgeous!

Claire said...

The glittery gold against the red looks wonderful and I love the addition of the crystal berries!

!neke said...

Beautiful !!!!!
Love the sentiment !
groeten Ineke

JulieP said...

Just stunning!!! I'm really enamoured with your glitter embossing.