Translate

Sunday, October 1, 2023

October is Couch Time!

 Fall is a cozy time and it is extra nice enjoying some COUCH time!

Welcome to our new challenge at the Color Hues Card Challenge where I got to select the colors of Coral and Blue for our projects over the next two weeks. At the mention of couch time I surely had to bring out my Couch Potato stamps and dies (MFT) to create a warm scene. 


 Our daughter came for a visit and this sentiment came to mind after she'd returned home and I missed our couch conversations. 

There are so many decor elements included with this set. When it came out I bought some of them. all of them. I kept trying to fit the window behind the sofa but it's true in this case, less is more. I love how real the throw looks over the arm of the chair.


Can't wait to see what you will create for us this month! Please join in and give these colors a go, won't you? 

Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  




11 comments:

Julie B said...

Such a fun take on the colours Cindy. The couch reminds me of our old blue leather sofa, much loved and so so comfy! :)

Marlena M. said...

I have this set too, and I love it (no judgement here for you getting all the things ;) ). Beautiful scene, but Aw, I had to tell you this sentiment got me in my feels ;(.

Nancy said...

This is such a cozy scene, Cindy. You have me itching to get this set out too. I am glad to hear that your daughter came to see you recently. Great colors and I hope the gallery is full for you!

cm said...

Such a pretty scene and, hopefully, your daughter will come home often for more couch conversations. I have this set; need to give it some attention, especially after seeing your lovely version!
hugs~carol

Viv said...

Super card here Cindy ;) hugs Viv xx

JulieP said...

MFT makes the best kits. Your room is awesome and I love the sentimentality behind your card.

Trina P. said...

What a cute cozy couch scene! Love how you’ve used the colours.

Stef Perry said...

Ah, Cindy, what a great color combination and I so love your sweet, wistful scene you've created! I do especially love the throw on the couch, I have one too. And while I'm the one that moved further away from my family four years ago, this sentiment really resonates with me. Such a sweet card!

Marcia Hill said...

You chose fabulous colors to work with Cindy and your cozy little scene totally has me smiling and thinking a little couch potato time sounds pretty darn good right now as it's pouring down rain and the temps are dropping! Maybe a little snuggle under the throw and perhaps a siesta too? Ok, ok, I'll behave and not sleep the day away! Seriously though, this card and your sweet little scene you've created just could not be any cuter...LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

Soozie4Him said...

Oh, what an adorable card!! And I don't know how you got the blue textured chair and couch, but it's lovely! I love the pillows and the throw on the chair too! Did anyone in your family ever call a couch/sofa a davenport? Jim's parents called it the davenport, and I always think about Jim's dad when I hear that word because when he moved into assistant living, there was limited space, and he kept asking "But what about the davenport?" Sadly, there wasn't room for that!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Cindy what a fabulous room that you created with the challenge colours! The patterned papers and perfect for textile! I love the On the Couch stamps and dies and you made them shine!