Translate

Monday, October 30, 2023

Joyful Christmas

How are you doing? This fall weather has given us a cool spell but the last few days of warm weather have been fabulous! 

 I've been in a stamping slump lately. I have 4 cards a month to make for DT gigs, and I make them very far ahead to avoid last minute stress. Doing it that way means I have a couple days of spurts for cards needed, and then a week or two or three goes by with no stamping. I'm not sure if I am losing my mojo or losing interest but I intend to kick myself into action with some challenges just for fun this week. 

Beginning with Just Us Girls where Nancy asks for a CAS card where we only use the center area of the card. She suggests that is easy and I agree, it was great to start with something simple. 



My hexagon dies (WPlus9) were inked with wood grain and I added a die cut border. Stamping a sentiment from SSS directly to the panel, I added a stamped image from Merry Sprigs (The Greetery) and layered three of the die cuts for extra dimension. Three simple pearls adorn the sentiment.

I will keep the stamping going and the blogging a bit short. Thanks for coming by to take a look. Your comments always boost my spirits and are so welcome!

Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  

Other Challenges entered: 

6 comments:

Carol said...

Gorgeous CAS Christmas card Cindy! That wood background is wonderful and the sweet little sprig adds just the right pop of color. Thanks for playing along with us a Just Us Girls!!!

scrappymo! said...

This Christmas card is so pretty! Love this design and the framed focal point.

Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge!

Lisa Elton said...

This is a lovely CAS card, Cindy! Looks like you're over that slump! Thanks for joining us at Just us Girls!

Diane said...

A beautifully created holiday card! A good way to keep that mojo going!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

Nancy said...

I love your CAS card, Cindy! The Merry Sprigs are just perfect against the woodgrain background. As for your lack of mojo...it certainly happens! I find when I get caught up I lack motivation too. I certainly hope you never stop creating! Thanks for playing at Just Us Girls.

Leslie Miller said...

Hi, Cindy. I'm still trying to catch up. Two steps forward, one step back. Today I'm enjoying the last 17 days of your posts and I stopped here first when I read your thoughts about a slump. I get it. I also know how you love this craft and how accomplished you are at it. Just look at this lovely card, for instance. You turned a simple concept into something so beautiful. Gorgeous Christmas sprig backed up with the stamped wood grain in a hexagon frame... all of it pulls together perfectly. Earthy, but clean. I hope you're able to recover from your slump as I know it's still important to you. Sending hugs.