Translate

Wednesday, July 19, 2023

YOU Bring me Joy

 I hope you're doing well and surviving the heat wave. I'm cooling off again in the craft room before heading off to a barbecue this afternoon with friends. It will be 95!  

I haven't really been into rainbows, but I saw the idea of a rainbow made like gingham, so I gave it a try! I used a stencil from CCC and various inks to create a panel on white card stock.  The inks are  a bit more saturated than I would like, the small cubes were juicy! The small cubes were easiest to work with. 


I loved this bear and used an oval die to cut him out after coloring with Zigs. Penny Black stamps has inspired me to buy quite a few of their dies and sentiments that go together, and you will be seeing more of them! 


I realized as I was posting that this is close to the sketch at Freshly Made, so I am joining the challenge! I'm also playing at Happy Little Stampers Stencil Challenge. 

Hope you have a wonderful day and some joy coming your way. Thanks so very much for your visit! 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I meant to say: SSS is the source of the stencil.

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhh, cuteness! I love the rainbow and I definitely adore Penny Black stamps. I would have a very hard time being out in that 95 degree weather. Shade only. Still waiting for our clouds to clear. I had a 38 minute phone call from a friend. Guess I'll just go for a walk in the wind now. Thank you for sharing this sweet smile-inducing card!

Crafty Auntie said...

I love your card! Such cheery, bright colors!! I saw your card at Freshly Made Sketches, and headed over here...thanks to you, I was inspired to use a stencil, too and also entered the challenge at Happy Little Stampers. So fun! Thanks for sharing your happy card!

Linda Callahan said...

So not a fan of the heat! I prefer a beautiful fall day! Your card is super sweet and I love the stenciled background!

Amy O said...

I love this sweet bear and the fun rainbow background!! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week, Cindy!

Karren said...

Your rainbow background is just as cute as that adorable bear! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Vicki Dutcher said...

So cute! That bear is adorable with your creative rainbow background. Thanks for joining in at HLS Stencil Challenge