Translate

Thursday, March 16, 2023

Thinking of Blues for Color Hues

Let's say goodbye to Green and Gold and enjoy some blues at the Color Hues Challenge!  For challenge #60 Marcia has chosen Blue and Turquoise for our hues and the DT samples are amazing! 

I never quite know what inspires my stamping or how the process makes twists and turns as I go along. For this card, I began with a gorgeous embossing folder and just fiddled with adding color!



The Spring Burst 3D folder (from Spellbinders) has deeply embossed florals with detailed leaves. I began by coloring the large floral spray after it was embossed, lightly with Copic markers.  I love how the big bloom turned out, but felt the other leaves and blue vine needed more contrast, which I added with colored pencils.




The sentiment (PTI) and black mat, and a few sequins are the finishing touches.  I will continue to experiment with ways to use this pretty folder, the deep texture is fabulous. 

I hope that you've been inspired today and will join us in playing along! 

Be yourself
          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  


9 comments:

Karen said...

You've definitely mastered this technique! It's a beautiful card, and great inspiration.

Leslie Miller said...

Wowie, you really brought out the design in that folder! The pattern is so fun and pretty to begin with, but then your coloring turned it into a whole new thing. Positioned just right to allow the sentiment to work beautifully with it, and sprinkled with those pretty sequins, sigh... love it, Cindy!

Julie B said...

Great idea Cindy, the subtle colours work well to pick out the detail on the embossed panel. :)

Lisa Elton said...

You fiddled around with those colors perfectly, Cindy! This is lovely!

Marcia Hill said...

You have made this embossing folder SHINE with the added challenge colors Cindy and I love, LOVE it!! I hate coloring on embossing folders because it never fails that I go "outside the lines" and my OCD just won't accept that! Haha!! But you've done it perfectly and this card is AMAZING!! Hugs. :0)

Nancy said...

I would call that fiddling the creative process and you certainly have coloring on embossing folders process down pat. It it not something I do very often but you certainly have inspired me here. Gorgeous card.

Stef Perry said...

Cindy, your card turned out beautifully! I too am impressed with your ability to not stray with your coloring on embossed images, it's certainly a skill. The addition of the colored pencil for more depth was definitely the right call! Gorgeous!

JulieP said...

Love the dimension and your coloring. I agree, the colored pencils were just the right touch. Beautiful!

cm said...

WOW! You've really breathed colourful life into your floral image with your combination of copic and pencil. So very pretty!
~carol