Translate

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Love Flurries


Hello , I have a wintry scene for you today using old and new items, just for fun! I enjoy pulling out this PI girl in winter as I love her sweet expressions and the sentiments. I used a new-to-me stencil and sponged DOX inks to make the background. 



Two of the stencils are for small and larger snowflakes. I filled them with white paste for added interest and texture. 
My friend Leslie at Running with Scissors always colors images with mastery (if you visit her blog you'll realize words are inadequate to describe her talent!) and she's been using Tombow markers, so I got mine out to give them a try on the girl.  It's been a while but I liked the ease of using them. Then I fussy cut her out, adding the die cut trees and purple hearts. 

That's all from me today, I hope it's going well for you! We have had beautiful sunshine and warm-ish temps so the snow is only in my imagination, lol! 

I will be posting this at NBUS and Time Out Challenges


Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  





Supply List:

Stamps - mftstamps (retired) 
Ink
Other - Honey Bee stamps - Winter Wonder Scene Builder is a set of 6 stencils. 

Trees dies - Elizabeth Craft Dies

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is as sweet as it can be, Cindy! She is a cutie patootie and I love the scene you've put her in!

Darnell said...

I love the bright shades of the Tomboys, Cindy, and I agree with you about Leslie's artistic talent ~ although you're no slouch yourself when it comes to design and coloring! Or stenciling and adding texture. This card tells a beautiful wintry story filled with love! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Happy New Year Hugs, Darnell

My Paper Epiphany said...

Such a sweet card and I love your colourful clouds! Thanks for joining us at Time Out Challenges:)

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, blush, you're too kind, Cindy, but thank you! In fact, the first thing that grabbed me about this card is the vivid color on the girl's outfit. You did a beautiful job on her and the softly stenciled background. I certainly do agree with Darnell that you're no slouch when it comes to coloring, and your design skills are over the top!

ElizStewart said...

Congratulations from the TIME OUT DT team!

Kate said...

What a gorgeous scene Cindy - that little girl is adorable and you've coloured her beautifully! Thank you for joining us at Time Out and congratulations on your well-deserved Honourable Mention!
Hugs, Kate (DT Time Out Challenges)