Translate

Sunday, December 4, 2022

HoHoHo for The Paper Players!

 Hello, and welcome to my blog, I hope that things are going well for you. It's Sunday and for challenge #64 at The Paper Players, LeAnne has a super fun theme for us. Ho! Ho! Ho! Feature a Santa on your project. 

Believe it or not, I did not have a Santa in my stash. Really! All the more reason to find the cutest die in the Simon Says December Card Kit. I often avoid kits, but this one features fabulous papers and an interesting assortment of new things to try. 



I love the vintage look! For Santa's beard and mustache, I delighted in using the white velvet card stock. It feels so soft! I chose white card stock for his hat and used Copics to add color to the hat and face.

The selection of papers includes the text so I cut them out and the card is ready to go! Silver glitter paper makes the tiny stars and snowflakes twinkle. 

This square card measures 4-1/4". You can bet I will be back with another card or two or three from these wonderful papers. 

I sure hope that you will join us and play along at The Paper Players! This wonderfully talented group will inspire you every time! 

Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  

Also adding this to the challenge at NBUS

13 comments:

Jennie Maier said...

Cindy, that Santa is too cute! Love the texture on his beard! Have a great week!

LeAnne said...

I agree, I rarely buy kits either but this one was too cute to pass up! Glad you were able to use that Santa die....the background papers are perfect and he makes me smile for sure!

Claire Broadwater said...

Cindy, I just love square cards and this one is fabulous! Your little Santa is precious! I love his velvety look and the fun stripes and snowflakes! The hint of pink is so fun, too! Have a great week, My Friend!

Leslie Miller said...

It's soooo cute, Cindy! You did great with this kit. I've only ever bought one of their kits, but thinking this would have been a good one. Love the Santa and the papers. I MUST go look up the white velvet card stock! I adore these little square cards, too. Such a fun size to work with. Happy holidays!

Lisa Elton said...

What a CUTE Santa! This is a jolly card, Cindy!

Judy1223 said...

Cindy, this is such a sweet card...I love this Santa!

TK said...

So cute and definitely vintage appeal. Thanks for visiting NBUS!

Ann Schach said...

What a cute Santa, Cindy! This is such an adorable die. I love the retro vibe and the sweet, patterned papers. The smaller square size is perfect for tucking in a regular envelope.

Christy Lynn said...

Oh so cute, Cindy! I love the velvet paper for Santa's beard, I just want to reach through my computer screen and touch it!

Jaydee said...

Cindy this is adorable and I love the touch of whimsy with the pastel-striped paper. So fun and fresh.
hugs
jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Cindy your jolly sweet Santa is super cute and I love the soft shades of the papers behind too. The snowy velvet beard adds gorgeous texture and really brings this jolly chap to life - perfect!

laurie said...

Love your jolly Santa....cute card!

Anne Marie Hile said...

This is such a fun kit and now I'm totally inspired to use mine! I love all of the vintage elements on this one, Cindy. So fun!