Translate

Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Wishing You Well Color Hues #52

 

Hello friends! Welcome to a new challenge at Color Hues! I really enjoyed playing with some new supplies using Curio: Summer Findings Dies from The Greetery. After making the decision of what to use, creating with Turquoise and Mustard was a delight! 

I began by die cutting the white stitched frame and several rectangles, from white card stock. Using black and white card stock, I die cut the insects and plant images, sponging Distress Oxide inks to color them. 

Arranging the squares and elements came next. Thinking I needed a bit more mustard, I stamped tiny dots around. Needing even MORE mustard, I cut up a frame I had sitting on my desk and used those pieces kind of like parentheses to balance the design.  


This felt out of my comfort zone! I'd sure love to know what you think! It will be nice to have in my stash for a get well.  (Sentiment Suite: Thinking of You)


Can't wait to see how these colors will inspire YOU! 

Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  



Entering this at NBUS

14 comments:

Linda said...

I absolutely love this. It is so bright and cheery. Does not look at all like you were out of your comfort zone. The butterflies and dragonfly are perfect and love all the texture. So beautiful.

Julie B said...

Love your collage take on the colours Cindy, so bright and breezy on what has been a pretty miserable day here. :)

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card with those lovely butterflies and dragonfly. Love the design. Great use of the challenge colors too.

Darnell said...

It takes real talent to compose a card like this that has the appearance of effortless tossing elements on the card! Not! That takes a real eye for design, Cindy! And your ink-blending is flawless! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

alma.heijenk@gmail.com said...

wow such a beautiful card and a lovely lay-out. Well done!
Alma

Leslie Miller said...

Hold me back, this card is an absolute delight! I love the colors, the design, the dies... everything! This does not look like you were out of your comfort zone at all!

Karen said...

Although I own and love this set, I never considered it for this challenge. Your card is absolutely delightful!

Nancy said...

As I know I previously mentioned but bears repeating, this is one outstanding card. Your creativity blows me away!

Julia Aston said...

The white background is perfect for all your colorful die cuts!

Tracey McNeely said...

The colour and the dragonflies are so fabulous Cindy, I love your card! Very caseable!

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful card with those lovely butterflies and dragonfly. Love the design!!! Great use of the challenge colors too.

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful Clean and Crisp sweet card design using the challenge choice of Color Hues, Cindy:-) I thought adding the tiny dots and partial frames was genius... You have a wonderful talent for design. TFS your lovely get well card. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Bonnie Lynn said...

Beautiful clean and simple card but also bright and cheery. Thanks for sharing with us over at NBUS. Bonnie GDT

baileyrosy.com said...

This card really stood out to me in the NBUS gallery such pretty colours so fresh love all of the elements on this beauty.

Marie