Translate

Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Joyful and Blessed with Color Hues

 Hello, stamping friends! How's it going with your holiday crafting? I realize today that I should have started much earlier on sharing Christmas cards on my blog since I have so many sets that are new-to me that I will never fit them in! 

Our mid-month colors are lovely and timely, chosen by Julie for your inspiration at Color Hues Challenge #53. My card uses the Winterberry Bouquet stamps and dies, and the Cathedral die from The Greetery.




I wanted the cathedral window to shine as the main element, so I  stacked die cuts with gold mirror card stock  on the top and tucked in just a few of the gorgeous winterberry foliage. The bottom layer is SU Very Vanilla card stock, and I used a Vanilla taffeta double bow to add balance and dress up the design. I kept to our colors of scarlet and green, and hope that the three neutrals are allowed: white, gold and cream. I guess you know me and won't be surprised that I had a very hard time limiting my colors this time! 
The sentient strip (also new out of the packet!) is from Jolly Snippets rubber stamps by Penny Back. These are small sentiments with really unique phrases for Christmas or winter themes. 

I know you will love seeing what the amazing DT has created to inspire you, take a good look and them dive right in to play along! 

 Be yourself

          Have delight in your craft 

               Make something beautiful!  










I'm entering these challenges :
and NBUS using the Cathedral Die for the first time. 
using the middle row across 



a

10 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Cindy... this is beautiful. Love the cathedral window backdrop and the ingenious way you tied the ribbon. Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Tic Tac Toe this week!

Lisa Elton said...

So very pretty, Cindy!

Karen said...

What a beautiful card! The cathedral window is stunning with the floral arrangement on it, and I'm off to check out the sentiment set. And, yes, I can totally relate to too many new stamps and too little time.

Julie B said...

Your window is certainly the star of the show but the festive sprig is a close second! :)

Nancy said...

I love that window, Cindy! I gasped when I saw your card in the lineup. You are going to have to show me how you did your beautiful bow. I struggle with that. I know there are videos but I am more of a hands-on learner. Pretty, pretty card!

Stef Perry said...

Wow, Cindy, how gorgeous is this! Your gold cathedral window is a stunning backdrop for your beautiful holiday florals! Love the mix of cream and white too - it's one of my favorites to use as well and it worked perfectly here. Thank you so much for joining the Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week!

Carol said...

I love it, Cindy! Saved it to my pinterest. I haven't even opened up my Winterberry stamp, so I know what you mean about starting earlier! haha

Leslie Miller said...

A beautiful cathedral window all dressed up for Christmas! Love the sentiment. I looked it up. Very nice set. I did not buy any new Christmas supplies this year. Maybe that's why I'm having a hard time getting my cards done.

Bonnie Lynn said...

What a beautifully elegant card!! I love how you dressed up the window. Thanks again for sharing with us at NBUS. Hope you continue to share your creations. Bonnie GDT

Tracey McNeely said...

Cindy this is so beautiful, the gold cathedral window is such a lovely foundation for your card!