Translate

Sunday, November 27, 2022

Christmas Blessings for the Paper Players

 Sunday has come around again, and I'm happy to welcome you to my blog. Laurie has a great sketch for us at The Paper Players #619 and I can't wait to share my card with you. 

I love sketch challenges and holidays are my favorite time for card making. Now that for the US our Thanksgiving Day has passed, let's get down to some serious  creating for Christmas!





I bought a new multi-level embossing folder from Sissix called Winter Pattern, and ran it through my Big Shot using Baked Brown Sugar card stock. I carefully daubed white craft ink just along the top of the images and love the depth it created to the overall pattern. 

Here's a closer look that allows you to see the three levels of embossing.


My sentiments and dies are from The Greetery, the JOY sparkles in the red mirror card stock. 


I sure hope you'll want to play along at The Paper Players! We love it when you do! 

I will also add this to two other challenges: at Peace on Earth Christmas they have a mood board.



 For the Tic Tac Toe Challenge I chose the top row across.  Holiday, Die, Embellishment. I hop



I hope this inspires you to be crafty. Have a wonderful week!

 Be yourself
     Have delight in your craft
         Make something beautiful!  




17 comments:

Jennie Maier said...

Cindy, I love your card! The embossed piece with the white is stunning! Abd the joy really pops! Have a great week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Cindy, I just love how you used the white ink on the embossed background! WOW! SO much dimension! The red mirror card stock is gorgeous! WOW! Such a beautiful card! Have a great week, My Friend!

Nancy said...

Outstanding card my friend!!!

Carol said...

I just love what you did with the embossing folder and am so happy to know about this type of folder now! The JOY die is fabulous too! You have inspired me on the red sequins and pine sprigs like holly as well! So glad you joined us this week at Tic Tac Toe!

Leslie Miller said...

I love this look for embossing, especially on a Christmas card as it appears all snowy. What a wonderful background it makes for the joy die which has fantastic depth and is amazing with the shine. Now is when it's fun to make Christmas cards!

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty, Cindy!

Stef Perry said...

Kraft, white and red are a wonderful color combination for Christmas and I absolutely love how you used the mix on your gorgeous card, Cindy! The large sentiment and mistletoe just pop against the beautifully embossed background. It's all so lovely and I'm so glad you shared with us at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Cindy! This embossing folder is stunning. I love the red "Joy" against the Baked Brown Sugar cardstock. The greenery and red sequins are the perfect accents. Wow!

Darlene said...

OH WOW this is just GORGEOUS! Love how you've inked the upraised portion of the embossing. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

PS ... are you aware we also have an Embossing Folder challenge? Would love to have you come join us ... here's the link: Can You Handle the Pressure

JoAnn said...

Beautiful. Love all the texture on the pretty background and the lovely red JOY pops against it.

LeAnne said...

This is just GORGEOUS and had me running to my favorite online store to see if this EF was in stock! Love how you colored the background--so country! The bold red sentiment works perfectly!

laurie said...

Beautiful! Love that joy!

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Wow so pretty TFS over at POE this time hope to see you again real soon. Elaine DT x

Christy Lynn said...

I love that you used shiny red paper for the JOY die cut, and that swoop over the O just makes my little heart happy :)

Jaydee said...

Cindy
that background is E V E R Y T H I N G. Absolutely worth the time it must have taken to do it. Combined with the bold JOY - it's an all-round gorgeous card
hugs
jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

That diecut sentiment is fabulous but I think it might have been upstaged by the fabulous embossed background Cindy - just gorgeous!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such an elegant card Cindy! That white on kraft is stunning and adds so much awesome detail. Wow!